Location: Whitfield, near Dover CT16
Contract type: full time - 37 hours per week
Previous care experience is essential.
Would you like to be part of a small and highly specialised service which is committed to supporting me with every aspect of my life?
Would you like to work with me and enable me to live as independently as possible in my local community?
Would you like to be well trained, well supported and well paid and know that you are making a positive difference every time you go to work?
I am looking for people to support me in my new home in the local community in Whitfield, Dover. I am a man who experiences autism, epilepsy and sometimes I may display behaviour which can be described as challenging. I enjoy going out and about every day, but I can get anxious when I don't know what is happening, something annoys me or if I don't understand what is going on. I am lots of fun to be with and want people to work with me who care about me and are dedicated to supporting me to do every day things like eating healthily, keeping fit and learning new skills. I have my own ways of doing things, which the rest of my team will help you to learn, and if you're the right person, we'll get on great!
About the role
I love to go to my favourite parks and for long walks in the countryside, and going out for cake! Be mature minded and be able to forward plan, helping me develop my skills.
I love a foot massage as it relaxes me and keeps me calm.
I cannot speak but I can tell you what I want to do by using my picture communication system. You need to learn my language, and we can then have some fun.
I must have a predictable, structured and consistent routine.
You should be
- Fit and active as I love to go out walking, come rain or shine!
- Be mature minded and be able to forward plan, helping me develop my skills.
- Patient and understanding and do things the way I want them to be done.
- Be able to work strategically to reduce my anxieties and improve my quality of life.
- Be able to stick to the rules that will keep me and you safe.
- This will be as part of an established team who can make a positive difference to my life, so you must work well together as a team but be confident to work independently too - as a member of my team you will be given full training and induction from my Team Leader and you first few shifts will be alongside her so you can get to know me and I can get to know you!
You should have
The right attitude!
A good attendance record.
The ability to work in partnership with my friends and family.
This is a specialist support service in Whitfield near Dover, Kent which has high expectations for our staff. You will receive all specialist training prior to supporting the gentleman and this will take place at his current service in Eastry. Please feel free to call the number below if you would like to know more.
The right people will receive:
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Annual pay reviews
- Reward Discount Scheme. This is a great scheme which will mean that you can get a whole range of discounts from top UK retailers to use as you like. The discounts that will be available to you include shopping cards offering up to 20% discounts on everyday shopping, holidays and eating out, discounts on days out, the cinema and attractions
- Excellent training and development
- Pension plan and life assurance cover
- Generous holidays with option to buy/sell days as suits your lifestyle
- Family/Flexible leave
- Free financial, legal and practical life advice, online health assessment tools, counselling services, and support from an occupational health and well-being provider
Working hours will be early shifts (7:30-3:00pm, late shifts 2:30-10:00pm and waking night shifts (21.45-07.45)
Please apply online or send your CV directly to