Support Worker - Female Portsmouth - PO2 Full time - 37.5 (Sleep Ins included)
We are looking for thoughtful, caring and inspiring people to join our team of support workers in Portsmouth. Dimensions provide life changing support to people with learning disabilities and autism throughout England and Wales. We often find great talent from retail, cleaning and hospitality backgrounds, but no matter what your experience, we want to hear from you. This is your opportunity to start a career where you are genuinely changing people’s lives and to join an award winning team in the process.
This role will involve you supporting three ladies (50s) in their home in Portsmouth. They have verbal and non-verbal communication, epilepsy and need support with personal care. They enjoy going swimming (Hydro) and love doing arts and crafts, watching films and listening to music. Sometime you may work 2:1 and others 1:3. You will support them to attend doctors appointments, support with food choice and prompting a healthy diet. (No manual handling is involved)
The shifts patterns vary throughout the week and can be long days. (3pm - 11pm and sleep in / 7am - 2:30pm) Shift patterns will be discussed at interview and meet and greets.
For more information about the service and people we support, please contact Kelly on or please click apply at the bottom to submit a short application.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019 - 2021.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'