Due to the rapid growth, this is a newly created role for the business. Our client are looking for a Support Desk Manager to join their Technical Operations team, supporting the business and clients around the world by delivering exceptional levels of support.
Our client, based in Hertford, work with clients in leisure, retail, health and fitness, and luxury hospitality, helping to create unique technology based solutions to encourage and increase customer engagement.
You will be responsible for managing a team of 1st and 2nd line Software Support Technicians as they support client software support needs worldwide, on the phone, via email and remote log in. You will act as a point of escalation for the Software Support Technicians within the team and wider business, as well as being committed to the development of continuous improvement of best practices, developing them where necessary.
This is an important position within the company and ideal for someone who wishes to progress in a high-tech industry, within a fast-moving environment.
- Day to day management of the Support Desk (working end refining SLAs), overseeing incidents, requests and problems. The management, escalation and coordination of complex support issues. Root cause analysis and appropriate communication with both business and clients
- Line management of the Software Support Tech team, including coaching, training and performance management
- Compilation of Support Desk management information, defining and delivering reporting against SLAS & KPls. Analyse management information to identify areas for improvement and report regularly to Head of Technical Operations
- Liaison with Research and Development team, hardware suppliers, engineers and senior stakeholders from across the business
- At least 6-8 years in software/customer support roles
- Minimum of 2 years’ line management experience - essential
- University degree preferred (but not essential)
- Excellent technical understanding (Windows based)
- Experienced in MS Dynamics or similar CRM/ticketing/reporting systems
- Accurate with attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills, independently and as part of a team
- Pragmatic problem solver
- Able to work under pressure, delegate appropriately and hit deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to manage time and work on own initiative
Hours: 9am-6pm Mon-Thurs, 9-5pm Fri
Please note, evening and weekend work on rotation may be required
Salary: £30k - £35k
Location: Hertford, own transport required due to location
Please note due to the number of applications we often receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Technical Support
- 2nd Line
- 1st Line
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job