Supply Chain - Logistics Technician
Grow your skills working for a recognised global brand in a challenging and quality driven manufacturing environment. We currently have opportunities for a Supply Chain Logistics Technician to work in our client's factory in Skinningrove on an ongoing temporary basis. Our roles offer opportunities for personal development and recognition in your role.
The role involves but is not limited to:
- Shipping product to customers
- Scheduling saw, paint, heat treat, plasma and subcontractors- using Excel.
- Covering holidays and absence in the shipping technician role.
- Production recording in MFG PRO system and reconciliation of errors found and filing and archiving of documentation.
- Daily updating of shipping performance file.
- Communication with suppliers and ordering of consumables ( pallets, bags etc)
- Bill of Material audits.
- Inventory cycle counting and stock accuracy reporting.
- Correcting stock and reconciling on MFG PRO system.
- Management of certificates of shipment
- Contribution to CI process.
- Continuous review and improvement of std work
- Recording and reporting of manufacturing schedule adherence and reporting.
- Purchase order receipt on MFG PRO system and update of steel call in and delivery performance file.
- 5S responsibility to support the supply chain areas.
- Scrap reporting to MFG PRO system.
- Transport forecast.
- Other duties as detailed by Team Leader or Manager.
- Lots of Excel and Word use.
- Data cleansing.
It is an expectation as the role develops that the logistics technician learns the shipping role to enable cover when required. This will involve use of a fork lift truck.
Suitable applicants will have:
- A valid Reach Truck Licence
- Experience in a similar manufacturing environment.
- Have a good knowledge of 5s.
- A safety and quality focused mind set.
- A good understanding of company H&S regulations and policies.
- A proactive nature
As a Logistics Technician you will receive:
- 28 days holiday, rising to 33 days after 12 weeks service (Inc. public hols)
- Regular Performance Lead Bonus
- Regular Performance review and recognition schemes
- Full induction and ongoing training
- Auto Pension scheme enrolment
Normal working week is: a continental shift pattern which is 4 on and 4 off including night shifts.
Apply today to gain a foot in the door and further your career within an industry world leader.
"We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age".