Supply Chain Finance Manager, Finance, £60-65k + up to 30% bonus and benefits
What will you be doing?
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant to join our finance team supporting our Supply Chain transformation team. Responsible for managing, challenging, tracking and reporting of all costs and benefits associated with the Supply Chain Transformation Programme, you will work with each of our transformation project managers to ensure all financial implications of projects are clear and agreed before the project commences.
You will provide best practice, proactive financial support for each of the transformation projects, applying commercial rigour and challenge to the project managers. Holding them to account on costs and commercials you will drive continuous improvement within the team. Working closely with the relevant finance teams, you will demonstrate robust control and visibility of costs and produce timely communication if off track to ensure the programme is delivered to budget. Working across multiple functions in each of Whitbread’s businesses, you will be the single point of contact for all financial information on the project portfolio and will be required to ensure there is one version of the truth.
Working shoulder to shoulder with the Head of Supply Chain Transformation, and broader supply chain teams, you will collaborate with 3rd party logistics providers driving engagement with Procurement, both upstream and downstream. This will lead to a suite of regular reports being developed which are clear, concise and timely providing accurate and relevant information to the Supply Chain leadership team and Whitbread exec, highlighting any risks and opportunities, key, progress, timelines and costs,
Our Supply Chain Finance Manager will also support the leadership team with turning insight into strategy development for Supply Chain, linking to the wider Group Transformation agenda, helping to drive, shape and deliver these from a greenfield position.
Why we would like you to apply
- A fully qualified accountant with 3-5 years PQE, your acute intelligence, natural numeracy and business acumen will be underpinned by a strong and relevant degree qualification (or similar) at a 2:1 or above
- You are able to challenge others whilst building and maintaining strong relationships
- Your experience in a fast-paced customer facing industries has given you rounded technical skills with expertise across a range of technical accounting and financial areas
- You get excited when you spot an opportunity; using your commercial grasp to make an incisive judgement on uncertain data
- Rigorous analysis is second nature to you; you have a structured, methodical and broad-minded approach to business analysis with excellent insight into the drivers of profit
- You have a sound strategic grasp of planning/strategic roles, and of adding value to the business through excellent commercial judgements
- Your ability to influence is impeccable; you have experience of using your interpersonal skills to influence, educate and shape operational decision making
- Previous roles you have held have been actively integrated into the business, where you played a key role in driving business success
A bit about us:
At Whitbread, we are fully committed to growing legendary brands through building a strong customer heartbeat and innovating to stay ahead. Our winning teams delight customers so they come back time and time again which, along with our focus on everyday efficiency, drives profitable growth.
Every day our fantastic team members serve up great memories in our restaurants and wow guests through a great night’s sleep in our hotels. We pride ourselves on providing consistent quality and service. We’re continually innovating to meet our guests’ evolving needs whilst being committed to creating a great place to work for our team members.
Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn currently have over 750 hotels across the UK offering over 70,000 rooms. Our aim is to make this 85,000 by the end of 2020! We have hotels in the Middle East and having opened our 1st hotel in Germany with more sites in the pipeline.
Our much loved restaurant brands include Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Table Table and Whitbread Inns. Alongside these, our new propositions Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub are both growing at pace. We have over 420 restaurants across the UK offering the highest level of service.
We have recently celebrated our 275th anniversary when Samuel Whitbread founded our business on a set of principles and although our core business has changed over the years we stay true these with our values:
- Genuine - we really care about customers
- Confident - we strive to be the best at what we do
- Committed - we work hard for each other
We are excited about what the future holds and would love you to join us on this exciting journey!