Supplier Material Quality Lead
• Ensuring that ingredients and packaging materials are received, accepted, stored, released and used in accordance with approved Quality Procedures through direct report.
• Monitoring supplier performance, provide technical support to materials management team and lead and co-ordinate the investigation of non-conforming ingredients and packaging materials to drive down the cost of non-conformance.
• Carrying out sampling and analytical testing of materials in accordance with the requirements of defined methods, procedures and specifications.
• Maintain and file all relevant documentation relating to QA intake to ensure easy retrieval in the event of a traceability exercise.
• Conducting sampling and analysis of raw and packaging materials in accordance with company defined procedures/methods and LBO’s test and sample plans. Additionally, check all incoming conformance paperwork with specification/accompanying documentation and audit the booking in database to ensure compliance.
• Collecting and correcting labelling of raw material and packaging reference samples as per test plan requirements.
• Setting up and updating test plans for materials
• Investigating source of material non-conformances in the factory through process/line investigations and detail findings and conclusions in report format.
• Conducting audits on material storage, handling conditions and practice for compliance with GMP, HACCP, glass and hygiene standards.
• Managing, developing and coaching QA Raw Mats team to identify and action ingredient and packaging material non-conformances.
• Reviewing of raw material and packaging test plans to ensure relevance, accuracy and feasibility.
• At least "A" Level standard/HND/HNC, science degree preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years Food Industry experience in Technical/Quality role, preferably with previous Materials knowledge.
• Computer skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint are essential.
• Ability to work on own initiative and self-motivative.
• Great communication skills - ability to deal with both suppliers and customers
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to use own initiative
• Ability to effectively manage a small team
• Flexibility in working hours
- Materials Management
- Quality Procedures
- Supplier Quality
- Supplier Performance