We are Newton.
We’re a team of the brightest and most curious minds with a fundamental belief that every organisation can be better.
We crack some of the toughest business and public sector challenges of the day. Not with reports or copy & paste thinking. But by pinpointing and implementing the changes that will make the biggest difference.
We never start out assuming we know the answer. But we’re always certain we’ll find it and see it through to the finish. By uncovering the data that means the most important decisions are made with facts, not opinions. By bringing together a group of people who live and breathe delivering results. And by embedding in your organisation this same passion, self-belief and know-how to thrive on any challenge in the future.
We believe so strongly in what we can achieve together that we stand by the founding idea of Newton - guaranteeing 100% of our fees against delivering results that are recognised by everyone, from the frontline to the boardroom.
We demand better in everything we do. We think you should too.
What is the role?
Newton is already an amazing place to work (we spend a lot of time making sure of that). But we always believe we could do better - that’s in our DNA.
We’re looking for an ambitious procurement or supplier manager who preferably has experience of managing car fleet provision contracts and has some team management experience, who is proactive and brings a positive energy to all they do and is willing to take on varied projects.
You may currently be working in procurement, contract management, supplier management, operations, fleet provision or project management.
The role will involve -
- Reviewing, reshaping and managing our fleet provision to the highest standard (over 140 cars)
- Contract/account management of the fleet provider, including reporting and planning for the future growth of the company
- Helping to ensure driver safety
- Staying on top of laws, regulations and tax
Supply and client contracts
Negotiating and managing contracts with suppliers
Working with the legal team on client contracts
Line management of the logistics team
Managing varied operations projects
This is a varied and challenging role within the headquarters of an award winning, growing company.
We have a culture of bright, driven people all looking to grow and continuously develop themselves and the people around them. Here at Newton, we really value inspiring communicators who care deeply about their work, clients and team.
What are we looking for?
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind, coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture. You will have a good understanding of digital technologies and have demonstrable experience of successfully working with these.
We’d like you to have the following skills, characteristics and experience:
- Procurement or supply management experience
- Contract management experience
- Good understanding of the finance, insurance and tax aspects of fleet management
- Business management, IT and organisational skills
- Proven ability to interpret figures and spot trends
- Flexible approach, ability to make decisions and quickly come up with solutions
- Proven ability to meet targets
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively on own initiative
- A pleasure to work with
- Sense of humour
- Tendering experience is welcome but not essential
- Experience of managing a fleet is really welcome but not essential
- Communication Skills
- Contract Management
- Fleet Management
- Supply Management
- Supplier Negotiation