It's an exciting and unique time at Experian to be working with strategic clients and directing core and unique assets within Experian to deliver outstanding customer value in a world where data is the new gold. This is a senior individual contributor sales role who owns and manages the relationship and all sales activities into BT (including EE) in the UK. Responsible for the successful delivery of existing services and identifying and securing new business with this client.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
A high-profile role with a strategic client in the UK, the SCD for BT is responsible to achieve a trusted partner status with BT, ensuring successful delivery of existing contracted services whilst identifying and closing new business opportunities that grow and maximise revenue return for Experian.
- Leading the creation and continual development of an account plan and strategy that ensures direct and virtual teams meet or exceed revenue and debt management targets; optimising Experian's long-term commercial position and improving NPS (or equivalent) metrics
- Identification of new business opportunities (both short and long term), that are aligned to the strategic plan, and management of these through the sales pipeline process to successful closure, delivery and service management.
- Ownership and regular management of Salesforce.com data including account plans, customer contacts and weekly updates on opportunities (close date, value, sales stage and win probability)
- Develops a strong network of relationships at all levels with the strategic client, with key external organisations (such as industry associations and media) and internally, to achieve business goals and delight clients.
- Responsible for the successful negotiation of key contracts and agreements, leveraging the wider Experian commercial enablement teams as required.
- Indirect management of virtual / matrix resources from across Experian according to client need
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting on sales performance, forecasts as well as market trends and competitive activity.
- Facilitate and drive performance management processes
- Champion a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the Experian business.
- Ensure that by leading by example, you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of customers.
- Through the adoption of a top down approach, demonstrate a culture where all our people understand their regulatory obligations, including what the fair treatment of customer's means to them and our organisation.
Knowledge Experience & Qualifictions
- The successful candidate should have a proven track record in consultative B2B selling of large and complex solutions - ideally within the telecommunications market - and managing multi-million £ client relationships whilst driving significant organic growth.
- Prior experience and strong relationships with key current decision makers in BT is a distinct advantage, as is knowledge of the Experian product and service portfolio.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, along with strong networking skills.
- A strong understanding of enterprise architectures and solution design is required to be successful in this role.
- Proven ability to work within a matrix environment, with virtual team leadership skills.
- Strong commercial acumen including finance, legal and risk management.
- Self-motivation and leadership skills are required and the candidate is expected to bring energy and enthusiasm to the role with new ideas to develop business with BT.
- Degree level qualifications or equivalent.
What's on offer
We offer an attractive base salary, commission structure and a competitive reward package and actively encourage the expression of ideas and opinions. It's all about you developing your role and making it your own. Our business offers a breadth of learning activities and programmes so it's up to you to take the initiative and decide which skills you would like to improve or acquire.
Our diverse workforce is part of the reason for our success. We want everyone to succeed, irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, sexuality, experience, physical ability, age or thinking style. Our talent strategy reflects our commitment to searching the globe for the very best candidates so that we can innovate and deliver the needs of our increasingly diverse clients and consumers. Our progressive policies, such as flexible working hours, ensure that our employees can flourish no matter what their individual circumstance.
On top of your base salary, we offer:
- Performance related bonus scheme
- A car allowance/scheme
- 25 days' annual leave (plus the ability to purchase 5 additional days)
- Generous contributory pension
- Opportunity to buy shares with the company share-save scheme
- Life assurance
- Medical and Dental cover
- Retail discount schemes
- 3 Community involvement days per annum
We also work with our colleagues to understand their long term career aspirations to ensure they have the career development and growth they need to achieve these goals. Through personalised career objectives and performance plans, we open up conversations on progression whether this is achieved through mentoring and coaching or classroom learning environments, we offer rewarding ways in which to learn.
Experian is happy to talk flexible working, and candidates who are willing to job-share will also be considered.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job