We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
The National Infrastructure Programme represents Highways England's interests in dealing with the delivery and operational impacts of major infrastructure programmes such as the High Speed 2 railway scheme and the planned runway and terminal expansion at Heathrow Airport. It also represents Major Projects in developing the programme for the Oxford to Cambridge corridor, the A66 Northern Pennines corridor and the North West Quadrant project.
To engage with our stakeholders to promote awareness of Highways England projects and initiatives and to build and maintain reciprocal partnerships for those that use our road networks. This involves frequent travel to liaison meetings, detailed and ad-hoc meetings and regional stakeholder events, on occasions requiring overnight stays.
Day to Day:
- Liaise with specific stakeholders, assisting with general requests for information.
- Attend regular liaison meetings with stakeholders including Vulnerable Road user and National Road user Committee meetings
- Build and maintain relationships with new stakeholders
- Provide advice and support to internal project teams regarding stakeholder engagement
- Provide advice and support to Team Leader and Senior stakeholder manager on stakeholder issues
- Experience of stakeholder engagement on a wide range of projects/issues
- Ability to work using own initiative, whilst referring upwards where necessary
- Able to prioritise in order to meet tight deadlines;
- Able to engage effectively with staff and external contacts at all levels
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving.
We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at .uk/