Team Description: (Overview of the team)
Internal Audit is an independent function within The Bank of New York Mellon chartered to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company’s internal controls by providing independent, risk-based assurance reviews designed to identify control risks, risk mitigants, control gaps, and opportunities to improve efficiency. Internal Audit reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. Internal Audit's professional staff aligns with the overall structure of the Corporation.
The BNY Mellon Group Internal Audit function has a number of locations internationally across the US, EMEA and APAC regions. Key locations within EMEA include the UK, Ireland, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium and Poland.
Globally, Internal Audit consists of 331 individuals across 23 locations. In EMEA, spanning eight locations, there are 65 auditors of which 10 are Technology auditors.
Job Purpose: (What the job role involves)
The Senior Auditor (Technology) will be part of the Global Technology Audit team and will work across Global and EMEA specific audit projects independently, or as part of a larger audit team, covering both Application and Infrastructure reviews. The primary reporting line will be into the Technology Audit Group Manager based in London.
The candidate will be responsible for the delivery of audit work throughout the planning, execution and reporting phases of an audit, as well as the timely follow-up and validation of resolution of issues. Audits will be completed in accordance with departmental methodologies and be completed within the agreed scope and budget. Audits will span various levels of complexity and are likely to involve a significant level of understanding of regulatory requirements and processes across a variety of business lines and legal entities.
The individual must have, and maintain, a strong understanding of Information Technology, business risks and their correlation with key controls. The individual must be able to manage their own workload and work proactively and independently where necessary. The individual must be able to effectively communicate technical issues to non-technical stakeholders verbally and in writing across the organization whilst maintaining effective stakeholder relationships across Senior Management and Audit team members. These skills should be demonstrated through thoughtful analysis of business processes, supporting technology, current risk assessments, issue identification/ communication and identification of emerging risks.
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
• Execute the testing of technology processes as per Audit policies, methodologies, and standards, primarily covering applications, client / server technology platforms and infrastructure.
• Operate effectively as a team member and take responsibility for specific procedures and results as agreed upon with his or her manager in relation to technology audit work.
• Work with business audit colleagues and undertake integrated audits providing technology audit coverage of business applications and associated technology controls.
• Communicate effectively with clients and audit team members; interacting effectively with senior managers, Audit team members and other stakeholders
• Take ownership of the projects or other work assigned and ensure that audits are carried out correctly and in a timely manner.
• Support team during the planning stage of an audit, identifying and defining technology scope using a risk based approach and developing appropriate risk based technology audit work programs,
• Think beyond past routines about new issues or risks since the last audit took place
• Document systems and support processes, conduct interviews and reviews and analyse evidence obtained.
• Evaluate IT internal controls and work collaboratively with management to identify actions needed and then follow-up and validate sustainable resolution of issues on a timely basis.
• Conduct data extraction, analysis, and security reviews utilising software tools (when applicable).
• Identify, develop, and document audit issues and recommendations using independent judgement concerning areas being reviewed.
• Prepare audit reports.
• Complete tasks efficiently (on time, on budget, accurately).
• Learn new technology, businesses, processes and regulations effectively and quickly.
• Engage in relevant training regarding audit, technology, businesses, financial controls, regulations.Qualifications
Applicants should possess a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in technology or other related field. They should have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in audit, with preferred 3-6 years of relevant experience in audit or other specialty area is preferred. A related Technology qualification such as CISA, CISSP are preferred (or willingness to obtain).
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 85001
Organization: Audit Technology-HR07992
Requisition Number: 1801575
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"