Southern Operations Performance Manager - South East
Salary: Personal Service Contract (dependent on skills and experience)
Closing date: 19th April 2018
Location: Based at St Marys Cray but with requirement to travel to other SGN Locations
The main purpose is to support the Operations Director and Head of South East to deliver and achieve outstanding performance across our Operational Network.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be at the heart of the directorate and to gain exposure across the whole Southern Operation and wider SGN business and to support and contribute to its success. This will involve liaison with other departments over projects that are wider than Operations ensuring that interdependencies with other directorates are prioritised and delivered within Operations e.g. Customer Services, HR, Finance and IT. The role will also work closely with the Strategic Change team over the design and delivery of innovative changes to deliver operational excellence.
The role requires reporting, investigating and monitoring Southern Operations performance, whilst taking a lead role representing Southern Ops at interface meetings with the wider business.
Who we are
SGN manage the network that distributes natural and green gas to 5.9 million homes and businesses across Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, our pipes deliver gas safely, reliably and efficiently to every one of our customers. It’s your gas, in our network.
What does a Southern Operations Performance Manager do?
- Gate keeper and producer of Southern Operational Management Information (MI)
- Monitoring the financial performance of key projects and tasks
- Identifying poor performance and providing possible solutions
- Custodian and producer of the Southern Operations Winter Plan and safety plan
- Producing the Southern Operations Safety Matrix , managing the risk review and collating results
- To act as the Southern Operations lead at interface meetings such as PGC, Data Surveillance, Plant and Fleet Management and IT projects
- To produce business cases for general purchasing across Southern Operations
Do you have what we are looking for?
Operational Experience is NOT essential
The technical skills and job knowledge/experience that are essential in this role are:
- Project Management experience
- Financial awareness and understanding
- Ability to network internally at all levels and with other SGN departments
- Ability to influence at a senior level
A full valid driving licence is essential.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive starting salary and other benefits, including company pension scheme.
- Plenty of potential for further development and progression within the Company.
- Employment with a highly regarded, award winning company with a commitment to developing an equal, diverse and inclusive culture.