Based: Central London
Remuneration: to £40,000 + benefits (flexible dependent upon experience)
Our client is one of the largest providers of passenger transport in Europe, employing some 60,000 people and delivering more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys every year. The business has enjoyed significant growth during recent years, both via acquisition and organically, and, with plans to continue this within new and existing markets, they seek to appoint a dynamic, capable and proactive Sourcing Specialist to this exciting new role.
As part of a restructure, they now seek to appoint a dedicated Sourcing Specialist to support the UK Category management team, ICT and Engineering, to deliver the optimal cost of ownership in their category and support in their projects.
Key to your success in this position will be your ability to analyse spend and supply market research to category managers and being able to affectively run low level tenders independently.
The Sourcing Specialist will lead the development of sourcing strategies to achieve annual Mid-term Plan savings by working with stakeholders to ensure strategies meet the business needs by:
- Supplier negotiation
- Managing Supplier Transitions
- Developing a portfolio of market intelligence
- Developing specifications
- Drafting Pre-Qualification Questionnaires and Invitation to Tenders
- Running tender evaluation and supplier selection processes
Knowledge, skills and experience
Experience & Background
- Proven experience in Strategic Sourcing and Indirect Procurement
- Ability to communicate and engage effictevely with senior stakeholders both in and outside the group
- Excellent Negotiation and analytical skills
This is an exciting time for the business, this role will be high profile and, for the right person, it will offer significant opportunity to add real value to the business and, in return, continued personal development. If you’re interested in learning more, please apply now.
The aim is to appoint the role as quickly as is possible - if you’re interested in the role apply now to avoid disappointment.