Solutions Architect - Applications | £35,000 - £42,000 | Glasgow City Centre
Your new company
A large public sector organisation in Glasgow is looking to add a Solutions Architect to their team.
Your new role
As the Solutions Architect your new role will include providing technical leadership to colleagues, defining the architecture and design of applications in support of projects within a wider change programme and supporting the definition of application and technology roadmaps. You will also be involved with assisting in the definition of the company's technical vision and strategy.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong generalist experience in a wide range of the following areas:
- Awareness of enterprise architecture frameworks
- Contributing to business cases to support future projects
- Working with software delivery partners in a multi-vendor environment, including pre-Contract engagement, preparation of invitations to tender and tender evaluation
- Agile and Waterfall project delivery methodologies
- Evolutionary architecture and emergent design
- Lean methods
- Strong specialist experience in four of the following areas:
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools and techniques
- Experience of telephony and IVR systems, IVR analytics tools, CRM implementations, Document management solutions
- Cloud Services - Enterprise integration patterns and tooling.
- Design and/or development of applications in a multi-tiered environment using the Java language and related technologies
- Design and/or development of applications in an Oracle 12c database environment and related technologies - Oracle Forms, PL/SQL
- Design of data stores using SQL and/or NoSQL database technologies - Oracle, MongoDB
- Web services design and/or development - SOAP / REST
- Design and/or development of applications that use asynchronous messaging systems for integration
- CI/CD techniques
Other skills / qualities / experience
- Experience in providing estimates/sizing
- Excellent written communication skills including technical writing
- Excellent verbal communication skills including presenting to small and large groups
- Ability to self-start and to work autonomously as well as in a team
What you'll get in return
You will have access to a full range of benefits to support you both inside and outside of work. As well as a competitive salary they offer a great range of benefit with a city centre location.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.