Permanent SHEQ Officer role, based in South Yorkshire. £35000-£40000 plus benefits
HSEQ OFFICER HSEQ- SOUTH YORKSHIRE- £35K- £40K- PLUS BENEFITS- Permanent
A recycling and manufacturing business has a new role in health and safety based in South Yorkshire, with work to be spread over four sites. It will be your job to ensure and improve safety on the sites, as well as making sure that the business in line with all appropriate legislations. As the HSQE manger on the site, you will play a pivotal role in the development and success of the company, and the multi-disciplinary team that you'll be working with. Benefits include generous holiday entitlement and car allowance. Hours are 8:30AM-5PM Monday to Friday.
Duties will include but not limited to
* Maintain and review the company's systems and operations to be in check with compliance regulations.
* Understanding internal and external audits to ensure that the company is in line.
* Train operational staff
. * Investigate, or where appropriate, to lead and assist others to investigate the circumstances and causes of accidents and take necessary steps to prevent a recurrence
* Manage employees and be assertive to any employees who are breaching any site rules, ability to change people's thought processes.
* Record accurate reports that are customer focused. And convey issues in these reports to site managers and QSHE manager.
- Monitor all operations and identify areas that could be improved, and implement these changes in an appropriate timeframe.
- Analysis data, quality statistics, incident, and accident rates across all 4 sites.
What you'll need to succeed
- A good knowledge of health, safety and Environmental practices
- IOSH essential. Aspiration to progress NEBOSH
- A good working knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and 45001
- Experience in implementing ISO 9001, ISO 1400 and 45001
- Be a trained internal auditor
- Understanding of current HSE laws and legislation
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple workloads simultaneously
- Ability to reach reporting deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Work across four production sites and be flexible
- Process driven and the ability to challenge people at all levels of the business
- System focused, ability to create new procedures and documents
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us on or . If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact your local Hays office for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'