Service Charge Officer
£18.93 per hour Umbrella PAYE
Service Charge Officer - Capital Works Group
The Service Charge Officer combines understanding of landlord and tenant legislation with good mathematical skills in order to collect around £10 million of capital service charges a year for the Council.
The officer constructs and revises the service charges for a large and mixed residential portfolio for capital expenditure, enabling the Council to bill and collect annually. The officer carries out statutory consultation with leaseholders, recognised tenants’ associations, and applicants across a growing portfolio.
The role requires an understanding of the issues affecting a large residential leasehold portfolio in a mixed tenure environment. Understanding of relevant legislation, including the Landlord and Tenant Act, will compliment the ability to construct and reconcile service charges. A strong eye for detail and a clear understanding of how financial spread sheets are constructed and reconciled is required.
The officer will need to demonstrate the following:
- An ability to manage conflicting priorities, work to deadlines as well as advise on varying leasehold issues whilst maintaining quality and standard.
- Experience of and ability to deal with financial issues, in particular those relating to service charge construction. This includes experience of calculating inflation allowances for S125 limits and experience of reconciling service charges and providing audit trails.
- Ability to gather, analyse and interpret complex information and exercise judgement.
- Experience of using a wide range of personal computing packages e.g. spread sheets, Microsoft Word and Access.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Able to demonstrate strong attention to detail and analytical approach.
Please note Brampton Group can only offer a Umbrella Rate for this role