LIFE AT NEW LOOK
London and Weymouth are the core homes of our Icons within key support functions such as Buying, Merchandising, Design, Digital, HR, Finance to name a few… Not forgetting our stores which are the heart of our business, bringing all of the creativity and innovation to life and our distribution centres in Stoke-on-Trent supplying the goods.
All of our products are designed within our support centre to help you express your style, your way. We will give you the opportunity to be the best, boldest and most individual self within your job role allowing you to take your skill set wherever you want it to go.
As a growing global workplace there will be opportunity to mobilise your skillset should you want to work internationally. You will be working alongside inspirational leaders, colleagues and friends who will embrace your ideas.
SENIOR UX DESIGNER:
We’re shaking up the digital landscape within retail. We’ve already accomplished a lot, but we have an aggressive roadmap that’s going to produce some real game-changing digital innovations for our customers. And we’re only getting started.
We’re looking for a talented Senior UX Designer to help us delivery the roadmap by designing new digital products and services based on User Centred Design principles. Working on Omnichannel projects, and driving a big shift to a Customer Experience focus, you’ll be continuously improving the front end design and functionality of our digital channels to maximise conversion and delighting our customers - all the while inspiring the UX designers in your team to progress their skills and outputs.
Some things you might be doing:
• Experience of working in multichannel retail and project lifecycle processes
• Experience of using the UX toolkit – wireframing, journey flows, prototyping, presenting, usability testing, multivariate testing, persona creation, card sorting
• Creating flowcharts
• Wireframing using Axure, including detailed annotations which form a front end functional specification
• Writing usability test scripts
• Usability testing to gain information without influencing the testers’ responses or behaviour
• Continually researching best UX practice, keeping up with the industry
• Making all UX decisions with an evidence based rationale based on users’ needs and behaviour and being able to explain the reasons to stakeholders
• Building strong working relationships with internal customers and the creative design team
• Keeping up to date with competitors’ digital channels
What you'll need:
As well as the opportunity for great career progression, there is everything from bonus schemes to season ticket loans that will make life a little bit easier for you - including a huge staff discount of 40%, holiday days and access to our New Look Rewards which include some amazing discounts across a number of different businesses.