Senior Service Manager (Youth Work)
Salary: £25,000 - £26,000 (plus sleep rate & mileage paid additional as below)
Mileage: 25p per mile
Sleep Ins: £35.00
As a Senior Service Manager you will have a rewarding opportunity to support young people aged 16-21, who are leaving care, living in their own accommodation.
- Have a passion for supporting young adults at risk?
- Have experience in Mental Health & Learning Disabilities?
- Have experience of working with young people with challenging behaviour?
- Have an NVQ or equally recognised qualification in Health & Social Care?
If you answered 'yes' to all of the above questions then this is role is ideal for you!
- We will empower & support young people to overcome various challenge.
- We will integrate young people into their community & successfully secure a home/tenancy in their name.
- To deliver a tailored service to our young people.
Essential Information for this role:
This is not a 9-5 position and contracted staff will be required to work:
* Weekends / Bank Holidays (on a rotered basis) *
* Sleep In Shifts *
* On - Call *
* Happy to Drive in there own transport *
(Please note: there is a lot of driving involved within this role)
- To Provide a quality service to young people working within government guidelines.
- Support & Manage Support Workers with their workloads offering advice & support throughout.
- To manage day to day operations including staff rotas, supervision etc. Ensuring the smooth running of the region.
- Work in partnership with Local Authorities and external agencies i.e: Connexions, CAMHS etc.. To ensure the young person's needs are being met and a high level of service is being delivered.
- Develop strong relationships with local communities to promote the inclusion of young people & opportunities for work, training & education.
- To provide valued support, guidance & advice to young people in all areas of their daily life.
- Promote Independence & Self Care Skills
- Support staff and young people in meetings or visits to support agencies i.e - Drugs Services, AA & if necessary transport and attend these meetings with the young person.
- Liaise with the young person's Social Worker/After Care Worker on a weekly basis. Providing updates & weekly reports.
- Attend & contribute to relevant meetings i.e - Pathway Plans, reviews. This may include chairing these and supporting staff.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Social Work
- Youth Worker