SF Group are currently recruiting a fantastic interim position for a leading automotive business based in Warwickshire. This will start as a 3 month contract with a view to extend paying up to £300 per day excl VAT.
This position plays an integral role in linking the design development activities of the engineering team (organised into module teams) and suppliers engaged at early stages in the NPI projects to ensure supplier activities are managed and that prototype parts and tools are ordered in good time to meet MRDs. RFQ collation, RFQ issuance and negotiation of costs and contract terms will also be a key element of this role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Project Buyer will be part of the Project Sourcing team and participate in the supplier management and RFQ development in accordance with policies, processes and tools. The role will ensure compliance to company policies, quality management programs and regulatory compliance, take assigned responsibility for the interface between Sourcing/Suppliers/R&D.
The operational responsibility is to act as a project buyer, which includes:
- Working with the R&D module teams to define and agree the supplier engagement approach according to the R&D requirement, project timing, and Sourcing (Procurement) global category strategies
- Identifying and engaging suppliers that will support the required project activities and receive RFQs, working closely with various Sourcing (Procurement) stakeholders including local plant) category managers, Global category Directors and Supplier Quality Engineers
- Agreeing the required project support with R&D and suppliers to:
- Create design and specifications (with a development contract)
- Review originated designs for feasibility before RFQ activities begin
- To project manage the supplier support activities; defining and agreeing timing plans, arranging reviews, supplier visits, expediting responses between suppliers and engineers to ensure activities are concluded in good time or identifying and resolving timing slippage escalating issues as appropriate
- Ensuring supplier feedback is passed back to the R&D Module Team and vice versa to arrive at a point where suppliers confirm feasibility for tool manufacture and capable series production before RFQ
- To order and expedite Design Verification sample parts to arrive in good time according to the project test plan and according to the defined design condition
- Reporting weekly on the status and issues to R&D and Sourcing teams
- Collating information including production intent designs and specifications for issuance of RFQ and that this information is available in good time, is complete and is accurate
- Ensuring all activities are compliant with the Sourcing process where relevant
- Maintaining supplier costs in the BoM
- Other Sourcing activities as required including Issuing RFQs using the eSourcing system, ensuring robust, accurate and feasible supplier responses are received in good time (quotations), negotiate supplier costs and contract terms and conclude the nomination process
Proven procurement/sourcing experience within NPI, with previous negotiation and project management responsibility, from initial design and design verification prototype phase, through top RFQ and supplier nomination. University or bachelor's degree in engineering or other relevant training such as MCIPS, with strong Business Administration experience would be desirable.
Qualifications and experience should include:
- Working knowledge of PPAP and APQP processes
- Proficient analytical and time management skills, with ability to manage multiple projects and key supplier relationships
- Ability to build relationships, trust, confidence and buy-in throughout the organisation to execute sourcing strategy and projects
- Strong written & verbal communication, listening, interpersonal, consensus building and facilitation skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Independent, self-starter with good judgement and strong decision-making skills
- The ability to prepare, plan, author, and present reports via PowerPoint, Word documents, emails, and verbal