Senior Production / Manufacturing Manager near Middlesbrough £60k to £70k + benefits
Production Manager for UK vehicle manufacturing & assembly facility in fast expanding hi-tech arena
As Senior Production Manager, you will lead the 500+ manufacturing and assembly team towards new production goals and targets, resulting from an ever-increasing order book from blue chip UK and international customers. Key responsibilities include:
- promoting a positive Health, Safety and Environmental culture
- effective production and team leadership development, training and delivery
- use of CI / Lean initiatives to improve production performance, output and efficiency
- ensuring Key Performance Indicators are achieved to service, cost and quality
- support the business with robust production forecasting and planning strategies
- maintaining strong relationships between manufacturing facility and other plants
- financial budgeting and forecasting of labour and consumables in the assembly area
- maintaining the skills balance and succession planning in the assembly team
- employee relations activity ( employee forums / trade unions / consultations / dispute resolution )
- external communications ( visitors / presentations / liaison with local colleges, university etc. )
Our client is an international corporation with activities spanning a wide variety of sectors including IT, Construction, Technology, Telecommunications, Industrial and Transport Solutions.
As Senior Production Manager, you will have significant experience in a complex manufacturing / production environment, managing teams in excess of 250 + and building internal / external relationships to deliver corporate and business goals. With a relevant qualification and exposure to a Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement culture, you will have a track record of success and stakeholder engagement at all levels, including:
- Employee Relations / IR / TU or works councils experience
- strong presentation / influencing / communication / people skills
- experience of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, Best Practice etc.
- champion of proactive Health, Safety & Environmental practice and culture
If you wish to be considered for the role of Senior Production Manager, please forward your CV stating current remuneration details and availability quoting reference 282669NS.
WE REGRET WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK
Applications are invited with experience in: production manager manufacturing manager head of engineering production automotive tier 1 rail vehicles transport aerospace Middlesbrough Sunderland Durham Newcastle Darlington jobs north east production CI lean
ThreePeople advertises vacancies on behalf of clients. If your CV matches our clients requirements, we will forward your details to them to confirm your suitability. By applying for this role, you consent to the submission of your details for this purpose only. Your CV will not be retained by ThreePeople for future use.
- production manager manufacturing manager head of engineering production automotive tier 1 rail vehicles transport aerospace Middlesbrough Sunderland D
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job