- Manchester based company that helps and supports local businesses to grow and develop
- Looking for a Senior Internal Auditor to provide a lead role in the Internal Audit team to deliver excellent Internal Audit Services
- Candidates who have experience of auditing HR and financial controls are encouraged to apply
Location: Across Greater Manchester
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Salary: up to £34,000
To provide a lead role in the Internal Audit team to deliver excellent Internal Audit Services to the Group, through completion of the quarterly and annual plans. To provide independent and objective assurance to the company’s SMT and Board through undertaking audits designed to add value and improve operations that will enable the company to accomplish its objectives and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes to the standards expected by the Senior Audit Manager and in keeping with the professional standards of The Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Lead on delivery of the Internal Audit service to the Group Companies through the Annual Group Internal Audit Plan and assigned audits across all business areas including planning, allocation, review and collation of work by other members of the team.
- Complete internal audit assignments in accordance with agreed processes and standards, including strategic and risk based audits and those of a complex and/or technical nature.
- Establishing contract compliance standards and evidence requirements for each funding contract/project and undertake work to ensure adherence to these requirements.
- Build effective working relationships with Directors and Senior Managers within the Group, liaising with and updating the SMT on risks and issues as appropriate.
- Provide a key point of contact to the SMT for the interpretation of funding, contractual and legislative requirements.
- Provide company-specific support to other auditors within the Group, completing fieldwork and aiding in the production of reports as required.
- Gather sufficient evidence to demonstrate the evaluation of risk management and the systems of internal control.
- Generate audit reports reflective of the audit work undertaken and including recommendations for improvements, ensuring reports provide independent, objective assurance to the audit committee on the design and operating effectiveness of the internal controls in place.
- Produce reports that demonstrate progress and control of assigned quarterly and annual plans; referring requests for variances in agreed audit work for prior approval by audit management.
- Perform investigations into irregularities or suspicions of fraud whilst respecting the confidentiality of information and following relevant regulations, working with audit senior management on investigative work of a more serious nature.
- A minimum of at least 5 years of audit experience preferably Internal Audit (however, candidates with less than this number of years’ experience, who can demonstrate the necessary skills, will be considered).
- Lead audit experience within the public sector and knowledge of public sector risk management and governance practices.
- Comprehensive experience of leading and delivering internal audits to including those of a complex nature using defined internal audit methodologies including risk based auditing.
- Experience of grant funded project and their requirements
- Experience of managing multiple work assignments concurrently within an agreed plan and deliver to specified deadlines
- Experience of coordinating staff resources within specific pieces of work and operationally supervising and supporting others within a small team.
- Proven experience of operating objectively, independently and maintaining confidentiality in accordance with the IIA Standards and Code of Ethics.
- Possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, technology, operations, or investigations
- High level of knowledge of SFA, EFA, ESF, DWP, UKTI and ERDF funding and contractual requirements.
- Ability to understand, demonstrate and apply the company values: Make a positive difference, Stronger together, Empower people, Do the right thing, Build on success.
- Part qualified or working towards the following qualifications - Member of the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (CMIIA), Advanced Diploma and/or qualified CCAB.
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
This position is subject to a DBS check at the point of offer.
- Internal Audit
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job