Are you a qualified accountant looking to work a flexible schedule? This role offers full time with flexibility, for example early/late start or finish times, 5 days compressed into 4 long days; and part time options, for example 4 days per week or 5 days with shorter hours (eg school hours)
Our client, a top 10 professional services firm, is looking for a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) to join their Global Outsourcing team in Bristol.
They offer flexible working schedules, great benefits, a clear career path with all the support you need to achieve your goals and a salary of £34-40k, FTE to be pro rata for hours worked.
About the Client
This role is in the Global Outsourcing team (Service Charge) of a top 10 professional services business.
Our client takes pride in their core values which allow you to be yourself - they value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. They give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working there enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. They recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in their success. They are clear on what they expect from you and what you can expect in return.
The Bristol Service Charge team is a centre of excellence for independent reviews of service charges. They are expecting large growth over the coming years to add to their breadth of existing clients. They require a Senior Executive to help them deliver exceptional client service to their expanding client base.
About the Role
The Senior Executive will take day to day responsibility for management of their client and dedicated team, to ensure that KPIs are achieved. They will be able to work autonomously, solving issues raised by the client and their team, and dealing with conflicting priorities. They will have primary responsibility for ensuring that inputs, outputs and project management are of the highest quality. The Senior Executive will be a role model to the junior team members, demonstrating BDO values and providing exceptional client service. They must also be a team player, working effectively with both the management team and the delivery team.
- Reviewing client responses to reviews and following up on outstanding issues with the client
- Preparing accountants' reports and client required schedules
- Reviewing the work of junior team members
- Clearing manager/director review points
- Performing day to day project management for a specific client (eg monitoring KPIs and team workload, prioritising tasks, understanding the status of all open reviews)
- Acting as the main contact point for their client, dealing with issues, responding to client requests and building strong working relationships
- Raising issues with managers when required, and providing solutions
- Undertaking client visits, taking more junior members of the team to meet clients
- Providing training to clients
- Performing walkthrough testing
- Writing client reports and quarterly performance reports
- Involvement in new client transitions
- Managing and coaching junior team members
- Leading delivery team meetings and internal training sessions
- Delegating tasks where necessary and facilitating team working to ensure that files are completed within the KPIs
- Leading client conference calls
- Developing a strong technical knowledge base, and sharing this with the team
- Becoming a leader in implementing process improvements and efficiencies
Required Knowledge and Experience
Our client are looking for a senior experienced hire who can demonstrate an enthusiasm for working in the world of accounting and finance. They are looking for candidates whose strengths are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, and Decision Making.
In particular, they are looking for
- ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification
- Experience working in an accountancy practice or other financial environment
- Ability to think on your feet
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Experience in coaching or mentoring junior staff highly desirable
- Experience providing assurance services desirable but not essential
Flexible working patterns available
Core benefits include 25 days holiday that rises with service, life assurance, income protection and pension
Access to a range of additional purchasable benefits including travel insurance, life/health insurance, car and bike schemes, childcare and retail vouchers
Clear career path
TOIL for overtime worked