* Work flexibly and collaboratively across structural boundaries in support of key outcomes.
* Thinking creatively, challenging the norms, and constructively challenging those around them to ensure continuous improvement and commercial astuteness.
* Take responsibility for identifying and actioning areas of risk including Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Business Continuity.
* Accountability for the commercial performance of a portfolio of the Council's Strategic and Critical PFI contracts.
* Establish accurate monitoring and reporting of contract cost, performance, risk and any other relevant commercial issues. This will include leading the programme of strategic contract review meetings and briefing/presenting to internal/external senior stakeholders as required.
* Ensure suppliers achieve the performance standards set out in their contracts.
* Plan and lead the negotiation of commercial issues/changes to the contract to meet new business requirements or contractual disputes delivering optimal commercial outcomes at an appropriate level of risk.
* Ensure suppliers have adequate controls in place to address safeguarding, data protection and other sensitive issues.
* Work with Finance to ensure that appropriate tracking and reporting mechanisms are in place to capture the financial benefits being realised through the contract.
* Manage any commercial risks through the development and implementation of appropriate contingency plans.
* Provide commercial support and advice to both internal and external stakeholders regarding any contractual matters.
* Contribute to keeping policies, procedures, documents and workflows up-todate.
* Contribute to an effective Commissioning and Commercial Cycle through sharing appropriate contract performance and risk information in a timely manner with key stakeholders.
* Support operational and transactional contract managers across the allocated Directorate with meeting their contract management objectives.
* Efficiently and effectively manage contract change with support from the
3 Commercial Contract Manager and Advisor.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
* Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification such as MCIPS or MIACCM
* A demonstrable track record of managing strategic contracts in a large dynamic, fast moving, complex, business critical environment. This should include the ability to define, measure and improve key elements of supplier performance
* A track record of delivering continuous improvement in large, strategic partnership arrangements resulting in cost and service benefits
* Comprehensive negotiation skills appropriate to multi million pound contracts Knowledge of contract law and implementing contract and supply agreements
* Knowledge of the roles of commissioning, procurement, SRM and contract management in the successful delivery of services at an organisation the scale and complexity of Cornwall Council
* Knowledge of legislation specific to public sector procurement and contracting arrangements
* Knowledge of the issues of working in a political environment, skills in understanding and responding to different perspectives and taking a pan-organisational perspective
* Experience of financial management, risk management and the principles of effective project management
Please send your most updated CV to Grant Wilson by clicking apply now.
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job