SEND Food Technician
Do you enjoy working with SEND students? Can you use your experience in Food Technology to create engaging and captivating lessons that will enrich SEND students? Can you teach SEND students a skill for life?
A specialised primary and secondary school in Haywards Heath is currently looking to recruit a Food Technician who is competent and experienced in using ALL kitchen and catering equipment, with knowledge of food preparation, nutrition, hygiene and healthy eating to start in a permanent full time role in September 2018.
This school is well known for its unique approach to learning and is looking for a passionate Food technician who is engaging and willing to develop with the school. You will be teaching children with a variety of Social, Emotional and Behaviour difficulties.
* Free parking
* Free hot meal
* Access to all school facilities
* A variety of training provided - autism awareness, Team teach etc.
Benefits for working with Randstad
* Dedicated consultants 24/7 ( We are on call)
* Continuous support and guidance through out your whole journey
* Opportunity to choose your work pattern
Your role will include:
* Prepare apparatus, tools and materials and set up equipment for use in practical classes.
* Set up and carry out demonstrations.
* Ensure that appropriate stock level of apparatus and tools are maintained. Maintain stock books, including carrying out or arranging stock checks.
* Retrieve and clean away apparatus/ tools etc. after use. Laundering of tea towels, oven gloves and washing up cloths.
* Place and progress orders, ensuring spending is in line with Faculty policy.
* Ensure that the student's needs are met.
* Be able to deal with any challenging behaviour to maintain a safe environment
* Ensure that the technology lessons run smoothly and efficiently
Key skills and experience needed:
* A QTS is desirable but not essential for the role
* Teaching experience
* Previous support work within a EBD school or other transferable child-related experience
* Good food technology and catering experience and skills
* A firm presence and strong behaviour management
* Professional manner, proactive, engaging and empathetic.
* Enthusiastic, friendly, patient and determined approach
* Experience working within special educational needs
Are these skills that you feel you have? Do you feel that this is the rewarding role for you? Then do not miss out of this amazing opportunity and apply today!
For more information about this role contact Stine (pronounced Steena) Hansen on or email for details about the role.
Further more, we have an array of positions in Sussex, Surrey and Brighton/Hove which may also be of interest to you.
Randstad Education maintains the highest standard of child safety and compliance when placing candidates into schools. Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that also includes the enhanced DBS check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"