We are looking for a customer focused and experienced Sales Manager to join a leading and established business within the manufacturing industry. The company has been successfully trading for over 20 years and are leaders in their field. The role is permanent, full time and based in Banbury offering a salary from £30,000, a company car, laptop and commission with an OTE of £40,000+.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, accountable for the sale of products and services to UK accounts covering a network of Key Accounts and Direct Sales. New business is a key part of this role along with developing and expanding this market. Identifying the customer requirements and aligning this with what the business has to offer is key to the success of this role. Improving customer satisfaction, securing new business and increasing profit and market share. The prime role will be to increase sales of certain product ranges and services, carrying out training on the products, reviewing and offering technical solutions by carrying out visits and providing exhibition support.
This is a field based position; therefore, you will ideally live within commutable distance within an hour from the Midlands with easy access to the North and South M6 and M40,Nottingham, Leicester, Oxford, Northampton.
Key accountabilities of the Sales Manager:
- Establishing solid and effective working relationships with key accounts
- Taking part in events or exhibitions
- Developing key accounts both technically and commercially
- Identifying and prioritising new business opportunities with new territories, with OEMs and distributors, qualifying and following up on these opportunities
- Promoting and supporting new product lines through new and existing channels
- Establish and communicating new features which will increase sales/opportunities
- Implementing the necessary activities in order to maintain and develop existing customers
- Providing professional and personable customer care from start to finish
- Meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Providing correct technical solutions
- Preparing and working to budgets
- Contributing to sales strategy through forecasting and commerciality
- Managing an effective sales process from applying specifications to proposal submission
- Working with colleagues to develop accurate and relevant support materials
Key skills required for the Sales Manager:
- An engineering background in the field of food processing and packaging
- Experience in project based technical sales within the food industry - processing and packaging
- Proven track record in sales
- Client account management experience, growing these accounts
- Business development, looking for and reacting to new prospects
- Solutions focused customer service
- Confident communicator, able to work on multiple projects at the same time and always able to deliver
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong IT skills, Microsoft Office
- Meticulous attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Professional and proactive approach
What's in it for you?
- Salary from £30,000 an OTE £40,000
- Company car
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension
- Commission structure
- Training, development and progression
- Working with an established and successful business that has been successfully trading for over 20 years, being part of their continued success.
- Business Development
- Key Accounts
- Technical Sales
- Food Inspection/Packaging
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'