Our client is a stocking distributor of a wide range of products for use in fibre and copper networks. The company has a comprehensive catalogue and web site which contain over 40,000 products. They pride themselves in offering complete solutions including cable, connectors, panels, cabinets and all associated items to install and test the entire system. The products are arranged into 12 logical categories with the aim of making the selection of components as easy as possible. Located in Crawley the company stocks over £2 million pounds of products and pride ourselves in offering the best possible service to our customers.
Basic salary and will be eligible to join the company profit sharescheme.
Ability to join the company pension scheme
Standard hours for sales staff are 9.00 to 18:00hrs with 1 hour for lunch; Monday to Friday inclusive.
20 days holiday not including bank holidays
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Account Manager, you will work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be responsible for the internal sales function. You will deal with customers over the telephone and face-to-face in order to grow and nurture the client base. You will provide the highest level of service possible and demonstrate excellent product knowledge.
Every account is different and therefore your duties will change accordingly. However, for the most part, the Account Managers willfulfil the needs of their customers in terms of bidding, pricing, ordering and delivering the customer’s order.
1. To develop a basic knowledge of our products, customers and suppliers to assist the team in meeting the customer’s requirements.
2. To interpret customer requirements and provide quotationsaccordingly.
3. To progress bids / quotations in Lakeview and in excel a timely fashion to help the team win orders.
4. To process customer orders and maintain customer files.
5. To check customer order paperwork for accuracy, completeness and compatibility.
6. To Allocate stock to project orders when it arrives from suppliers
7. To organise and follow up customer deliveries - and resolving issues that arise
8. To maintain a database of customer and prospective customer contacts.
9. To expand our customer database by obtaining new customer contacts within existing customer accounts and new prospective customers.
10. To arrange customer visits for External Account Managers.
11. To use company computer systems including MS Office and Lakeview (ERP System).
12. To provide additional support / cover to the Sales Administration team
Key skills / Attributes
1. Proven success within sales or account management role
2. A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
3. A confident telephone manner and able to communicate effectively
4. The ability to understand the basics of technical products
5. The ability to develop relationships with the contacts within our customers and suppliers
6. A good level of knowledge within Microsoft excel
7. A good level of numeracy and literacy
8. The candidate will be required to service military, defence, and government customers. Candidates with conscientious, religious or political objections should consider this before applying for this position
Based at our Gatwick/Crawley distribution facility.
For the right candidate - there may be an opportunity in the future to develop themselves for a move senior role
- Account Management
- IT Sales
- Sales Executive