What impact will you make? The Opportunity
You will provide support to our clients, helping the Finance functions deliver more. Using our expert skills and proven methodologies, you will diagnose the root causes, and assist in the resolution, of issues facing Finance functions.
A high performing Finance function needs to take a much wider role in the business in order to be effective in today’s climate. Not only do Finance functions have to perform the traditional roles encompassing control and reporting, now Finance must perform these functions in an efficient way that 'frees up’ senior time to help to shape overall strategy and direction of the business, and instil a financial approach and mind set throughout the organization to help other parts of the business perform better.
As part of the FO&S team you will be part of this exciting finance innovation.Role description
A number of new opportunities exists for Assistant Managers to become an integral part of the Finance Operations & Services team within Risk Advisory. We deliver pragmatic, bespoke solutions focused on the CFO Agenda in our chosen markets.
Our focus industries are:
• Public Sector
• Energy and Resources
• Consumer Business
We are looking for candidates with a strong finance background who can demonstrate a mix of operational finance, project management, project based transformation and/or change management experience and skills.Location
You will be based in the Deloitte London or Reading office, however travel will be required for client based projects. We work across industry specialisms - our clients are varied, and vary in location. Whilst some clients are London or Reading based, we do spend time on site with regional clients. We specify full mobility for our risk advisory roles but we make arrangements respectfully.Hours
This is a permanent role. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us.Responsibilities
As an Assistant Manager within the Risk Advisory practice you will have responsibility for:
- Project planning and management to support the Finance Operations & Services Team’s project based work.
- Support and mentor more junior members of the team in order to deliver the objectives of projects and to develop the skills of junior members.
- Supporting the team in producing proposals for future projects.
- Business development such as networking both internally across Deloitte’s service lines, and also externally with current and potential future clients.
- Supporting the team in producing internal management information.
- Regularly attending internal industry events and training sessions.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Examples of projects include:
- Finance Function Benchmarking, Fast Close Workshop, Line Finance Secondments, Planning-Budgeting-Forecasting, Working capital optimisation, Technical Accounting Opinions, Finance policies & procedures advisory, Finance Function Visioning
To qualify for the role you must be / have:
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent experience
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CIPFA qualified or equivalent
- The ability to present client data in a clear and concise format;
- A passion for delivering high quality complex projects including effective planning, project, financial and people management;
- Excellent networking and influencing skills
- The ability to travel to client sites as required by this position
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience of working in an audit or finance advisory capacity is preferable however for the right candidate, experience of working as a finance business partner or in a line role will be considered
In a constantly evolving, complex risk environment, our market leading Risk Advisory professionals are trusted by organisations across the globe to support them in understanding, evaluating and mitigating risk.
Our clients demand industry experts who understand their challenges intimately and with whom they can build trusted relationships. They choose us because we provide bespoke solutions that deliver the power of Deloitte, bringing together: people they respect and enjoy working with; innovative technology; and an approach that allows them to make informed and intelligent risk decisions.
Our expertise spans all areas and sectors including technology risk, governance, internal audit, regulatory compliance, risk analytics, public sector and managed services. As a member of the team, you will work with inspiring, ambitious and supportive people who have diverse and extensive skills, experience and backgrounds. A move to Risk Advisory will help you to build a rewarding and balanced career.
For a full job description please click apply
Requisition code: 145405
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job