Our cliet is the UK’s leader in anaerobic digestion (AD) and one of the largest independent AD operators in the UK. Having recently expanded its food waste recycling network through acquisition, it has a combined network of thirteen AD plants and six composting sites located across England, Scotland and Wales that provide cost-effective, low carbon, food and organic waste management solutions. Working with supermarkets, the hospitality industry, food manufacturers and local authorities across the UK, the AD sites recycle over half a million tonnes of food waste each year.
Now is an exciting time to join our client in two new opportunities for Regional Operations Managers.
Position: Regional Operations Manager x2
Location: Milton Parc, Milton Ernest & Regional Operational Sites
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: max £60k pa, plus car, plus bonus. Salary is dependent on previous experience & qualifications
About the role:
Supporting the Operations Director, you will have line management responsibility for operational Site Managers for the relevant region. You will be solutions driven and ensure their AD plants are compliant, efficient, effective; whilst work in partnership with other Regional Operations Managers to establish and embed good practice activities across your region.
- Ensure that at all times care is taken for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work
- Assist the Operations Director, Director of Compliance and Safety Manager in driving continuous improvements in safety culture and compliance standards across their region
- Ensure all site operations comply with: Environmental Permits; Animal By-Products (ABP) regulations; Health and Safety Regulations, Approved Codes of Practice, and internal systems & procedures; Planning conditions
- Ensure all regional site activities fully comply with: ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and PAS 110 management standards
- Oversee and maximise performance and efficiency of site operations assigned to them, helping to ensure all process KPI’s achieved, making use of remote monitoring of site performance and control via SCADA and CCTV
- Work with Site Managers in their Region to monitor and control costs against P&L
- Assist in Budgeting process, reviewing staffing, maintenance activities and spares levels
- Work with the Head of Procurement to develop more cost-effective equipment, spares and services for all sites
- Oversee and co-ordinate significant process issues, supporting the site teams to take prompt, safe, effective action, while ensuring business requirements are best maintained.
- Ensure each site accurately and diligently carries out its monitoring and reporting of each engine’s Overall Equipment Effectiveness, ensuring causes of lost generation are correctly and accurately assigned
- Take ownership and drive the development, effectiveness and implementation of the Active Maintenance system in their Region
- Compile regular reports for the Operations Director on each site’s performance against their Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule
- Work closely with the Commercial Team to plan feedstock requirements of the sites assigned to them, ensuring sufficient to optimise site generation, managing how site issues impact on the delivery schedule, and maintaining the Company’s leading customer focus
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with each site’s business partners, landowners, farmers and specialists both internally and externally
- Provide good quality reports to the Operations Director, daily, weekly or monthly as directed or required
- Ensure structures are in place to promote effective communication and feedback
- Assist the Operations Director with continuous improvement activities, learning from incidents, and establishing Best Practice and ensuring this becomes embedded in routine operations
- Work closely with Site Managers, the Central Operations Support Team and Head of Technical Operations to identify, cost, justify and prioritise improvement ideas & projects
You will have previous experience of managing multi sites across multiple locations. Ideally qualified in mechanical, production or process engineering (or similar), you will be proactive with commercial awareness and a high level of technical competency. You will drive the highest safety and environmental standards and implement continuous improvement utilising your skills in PPM, 5S, Lean, FMEA, OEE and Value Mapping. You will have a positive and passionate approach to maintaining high standards, developing and delivering innovative solutions and achieving success. Training will be provided for WAMITAB and NEBOSH if these are not already held.
You may have experience of the following: Regional Operations Manager, General Manager, Area Manager, Operations Manager, Branch Manager, Site Manager, Site Management, Plant Manager, Plant Management, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job