We are currently seeking a Recovery Support Worker to join our team at The Huntercombe Hospital, Eldertree Lodge (formally Ashley House), located approximately 6 miles from Market Drayton and just 11 miles from Stoke-on-Trent and within one mile from the A53.As a Recovery Support Worker working in our Adult Mental Health
• To facilitate a timetable of leisure and recreational activities open to all patients throughout the day and weekends. This includes to lead and support groups, animal care, co facilitate the onsite shop and cafe.
• To support the Occupational Therapy Department with specified group sessions and individual sessions.
• To support ward staff in motivating and promoting engagement in therapies.
• The team will work a rotational shift pattern covering 7 days a week.
• To provide Vocational, Educational and Recreational activities for the patients in the hospital and via community access.
• Must be motivated and enthusiastic
• Able to use their initiative
• Flexible and positive in their approach
• Be keen to use personal skills and interests to create patient activity
• Be reliable and have an excellent sickness/absence record
• Keep accurate records of all sessions using the care note system
• Prepare and attend monthly supervisions and annually appraisals
• Attend team meetings
• Ensure that E learning is kept up to date
• Be familiar with local polices
In return we offer you:
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
- Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- A range of staff discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Working Pattern: Includes weekend working which is on a rota basis and also working two evenings a week which will also be on a rota basis.
An enhanced DBS (England) or PVG/Disclosure Scotland (Scotland) Disclosure will be required for all successful applicants. Costs will be met by the Company.
If you like what you have read, are dynamic, forward thinking and keen to learn, with a confident ‘CAN DO’ approach in all you do, please click Apply now.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'