Job Title: Receptionist/ Student Advisor
Reporting to: Campus Manager
Salary: £18,000 - £ 24,000; depending on experience
Hours: 40 hours a week spread across 5 days (Monday-Saturday)
Campuses: NW2-Cricklewood, WC1-Holborn, W3-Park Royal
Job type: Permanent
A great opportunity has arisen for a multi-tasking Reception/Admin to join an expanding college with multiple locations in London.
Main duties and responsibilities:
· The Receptionist will be required to work in the busy reception area of the college dealing with all enquiries, whether in person or by telephone. This will involve operation of the college switchboard and liaison with the students and staff.
· Receiving and greeting all visitors professionally, answering general questions where possible and referring specific enquiries to other staff where appropriate.
· Become aware of all the necessary procedures and assist the students with their queries relating to their courses, time tables, class changes, awarding body requirements, etc.
· Responsibility for the daily management and delivery of all aspects of student attendance as part of the UKCBC Attendance Policy.
· To be a point of contact for reporting of all student absence. Take responsibility to advise the students and the relevant members of staff in line with the College procedure.
· Responsible for ensuring all visitors are signed in to and out of the College.
· Receiving and directing all incoming calls related to the College on a multiline phone system, taking messages and distributing all messages efficiently to relevant staff.
· Communicating with other Administration personnel when the reception area is going to be unmanned and ensuring that a back-up person has taken responsibility for the area during the College Receptionist’s absence
· Directing visitors to the comfort of the waiting area while relevant staff members are notified of the arrival of the visitor.
· Typing/word processing of letters, minutes, reports, weekly bulletin and other documents, as required by the line manager.
· Ensuring the reception and waiting areas are always kept tidy and in a professional appearance.
· Manage bookings for conference and meeting rooms.
· At times assist the Campus Manager with the overall admissions procedure to ensure that proper correspondence and documentation is received and acknowledged, filed, and that departments are notified as appropriate
· Flexibility in taking on additional tasks, willing to offer help
· To ensure a safe working environment in accordance with Health and Safety Regulations
· To attend fire drills and staff meetings as required
· To attend training events as required
· To maintain total confidentiality with regard to pupils and other personal information
· Participation in, contribution to and evaluation of training and development opportunities including those arising from annual staff review
This job description is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other duties as reasonably required by the College Management.
Person Specification - Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience working in Education sector in the UK and relevant to the post.
• NVQ / QCF level 4 qualification (or equivalent).
• MS Office knowledge is a must.
• Ability to work with the students and as part of a team.
Benefits of the Role:
- A competitive salary negotiable dependent on experience.
- Full Induction Training
- Discounts at Major High Street Retailers
- Employee assistance programme
- Progression Opportunities
- Generous holiday scheme - 32 days
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Further Education
- Student Loans
- Graduate Entry
- Receptionist Duties