Do you have experience in quality control in a manufacturing environment?
Are you looking for a short term contract starting as soon as possible?
If you are looking for a role that requires you to be an efficient systematic quality checker for high spec products, with responsibilities in report writing, and customer communication then this role may be just right for you!
Position: Quality Technician
Hours: Full time
3 – 6 month FTC (although this may be extended)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Location: Milton Keynes
Your job role will involve…
- Carrying out inbound goods inspections in accordance with SAP work list and protocols.
- Quarantining material both physically and on the SAP system.
- Writing test reports to suppliers, including detailed measurements and explanations.
- Carrying out stock checks in response to customer complaints or goods in inspections.
- Returning non-conforming materials to suppliers, and debiting them where applicable.
- Inspecting anodised or powder coated material either at the Milton Keynes branch, or at the coater warehouse.
- Inspecting materials at customer premises.
- Processing customer complaints in a timely manner, and communicating the outcome back to the relevant individual or department.
- Answering technical queries, and providing support on quality issues to other departments.
- Supporting the Quality Manager in the implementation of projects.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure issues are managed efficiently and effectively.
- Keeping quality area and office clean and tidy, and maintain housekeeping list
- Acting as a deputy in the Quality Manager’s absence i.e. attend and contribute to the Operations morning meetings, manage large complaints, liaise with suppliers
- Managing calibration systems.
You will require the following skills and experience for the role…
- Previous proven experience within a quality-focused role, ideally in a manufacturing logistics environment.
- A systematic approach to root cause analysis.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Analytical and meticulous approach to working.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel and Word.
- Ability to write concise and detailed reports.
- Proven experience of working in a team environment.
- Clean UK driving licence.
- Knowledge of quality standards and experience of writing quality procedures.
- SAP knowledge (advantageous)
- Experience in internal auditing.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001.
- Office based, with requirement to travel to suppliers or customers when necessary.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we’re sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.