Quality Engineer - Automotive
Leading Automotive Supplier
If you are a skilled quality professional who is looking for their next career move then this could be the ideal opportunity for you. The company are a leading supplier of parts and products to the automotive sector and are looking to take on a quality engineer to manage product quality and processes.
The role will be interesting and varied and will give you the opportunity to travel within the UK and Europe.
For full details please apply and we will call you back to discuss as soon as possible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure quality procedures are applied and maintained
• Audit quality systems and processes as required
• Compilation of APQP / PPAP (Advance Product Quality Planning / Production Part Approval) Process documentation in accordance with TS16949 and automotive customer specific needs
• Respond to customer concerns
• Ensure 8D reports are comprehensive and closed in a timely manner
• Represent the company at customer locations in response to customer concerns, either by presenting at concern meetings, supporting Technical meetings or as part of a hands on support role.
• Promptly support Quality related Production concerns
• Lead and support yield improvement projects, applying DMAIC / PDCA (Define, Measure, Analyse and Control / Plan, Do, Check Act techniques)
• Support cross functional activities, including feasibility review, PFMEA’s, PPAP (Process Failure Mode and Effect / Plan, Do, Check, Act Analysis), production trials, problem identification and resolution.
• Support SPC (Statistical Process Control) activity, providing guidance and carrying out studies as required
• Support supplier concerns providing resolutions as required
• Knowledge of geometrical tolerances and Engineering drawings
• Good understanding of, and the ability to utilise LEAN tools.
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
• Effective problem solving skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to work to tight tolerances and times schedules
• Attention to detail
For full details please contact David Constance at Reed Engineering on 01173178000 or email David.firstname.lastname@example.org
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job