Prospect Research and Due Diligence Officer
The Prospect Research Officer will be responsible for identifying new prospects and compiling in-depth research on potential and existing donors and will play a central role in handling prospect information on the alumni and supporter database. The successful candidate will work side-by-side with the major donor fundraisers, collaborating on various research projects to further the success of the School.
A world leading University in central London
- Work closely with the Head of Development to plan, develop and implement the prospect research function within the Advancement Office and deliver a prioritised programme of prospect research to help meet the demands of the team's fundraising activities.
- Develop and deliver a range of regular and ad hoc reports and analyses of the prospect pool, highlighting new opportunities and the progress and performance of identified prospects.
- Prepare detailed and up-to-date research briefings on prospects and/or groups of prospects as directed for GED staff, academics and senior managers, in advance of meetings and events.
- Using the Raiser's Edge database, create queries and exports to help identify prospects from within the database with existing relationships and record new prospect information accurately and promptly.
- Record the ethical and reputational risk review process for the Advancement team and data utilising the Raiser's Edge database (or equivalent) to record research, the review process and the results of screenings in accordance with agreed procedures so that data is available for inclusion in reports.
- Produce due diligence reports (i.e. ethical and reputational risk screening/research) upon request on individuals, companies, foundations and organisations, in accordance with the Gift Acceptance procedures/policy and the Data Protection Act, liaising with academic staff, colleagues and other contacts, (including high level external contacts) as necessary, maintaining confidentiality and ensuring all relevant information is recorded on the Directorate's Raiser's Edge database (or equivalent).
- Provide a due diligence screening service primarily for philanthropic donations to the School, managing competing priorities and guiding screening requests. Monitor and reply to requests and queries.
- Help manage the organisation of resources for ethical and reputational risk, assess the usefulness of various resources and make recommendations to line manager and the Directorate senior management team.
Candidate must demonstrate:
* Previous experience working in prospect research in a charity
* Show demonstrable experience of developing strong relationships with key stakeholders, with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
* A self-starter, able to use your own initiative
* A problem solver with strong planning, organisational and prioritisation skills
* In-depth knowledge of the latest prospect research best practice, trends and compliance, with a network of research contacts in other charities
Salary: £37,360 - £43,886 per annum (Including London Allowance)
- Prospect Research
- Due diligence
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'