Project Manager - IT - Mortgage experience crucial
Your new company
You will be working for a financial organisation based in Staffordshire on a contract basis for approx 4-6 months. My clients are looking for someone to start an immediately. This role is yet to go through an IR35 Determination.
Your new role
My clients are specifically looking for someone with experience in integration in process change to make broker engagement with lenders easier. Mortgage experience is crucial
Our clients currently on a journey to deliver an ambitious programme of change which will contribute to its overall strategy. As part of the overall programme, this exciting and diverse role is required to support the company in delivery of our corporate plan through in scoping, managing, and delivering change.
We require an individual to join our IT & Change team who has the experience and passion to motivate teams and deliver specific project objectives.
Projects will be delivering across the programme which includes increasing our digital capability, ensuring we have the right IT and branch infrastructure in place for the future, in addition to driving business efficiencies and ensuring we deliver regulatory change.
Duties and Responsibilities The Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of projects and has proven experience of:
- Scope and Schedule management
- Risk and Issue management
- Finance and cost control management
- Resource and people management
- Benefits management
- Communication management
- Test and release management
The Project Manager needs to be confident dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders and also needs to adapt their style of management and leadership to each situation. The post-holder will have the personal and professional experience to build and manage meaningful and supportive relationships across the team and with external providers in order to deliver successful projects.
In addition, the Project Manager will be expected to:
- Clearly and thoroughly identify the scope of the project(s):
- Work with the team to identify and schedule all the work required to fulfil the scope:
- Identify resourcing needs in line with the project plan:
- Day-to-day management of the project
- Day-to-day management of testing activities
- Where appropriate, deliver serviceable outcomes to the business through effective handovers.
General Obligations Conduct Rules All employees are expected to act in accordance with the PRA and FCA Conduct Rules:
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due skill, care, and diligence
- You must be open and co-operative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct
Financial Crime All employees are expected to:
- Be aware of their personal legal obligations and the legal obligations of the company in relation to Financial Crime
- Be aware of the company's Anti-Money Laundering systems and controls and follow the Society's procedures
- Be alert for anything suspicious in respect of money laundering or fraud and report any suspicions in line with internal procedures
- Do not discuss any suspicions with anyone outside of the Society and do not 'tip off' a customer or prejudice an investigation
- Ensure all staff in their area are aware of and understand their individual and collective responsibilities in relation to the Financial Crime Risk Policy.
- Effectively manage financial crime risks which reside in their area of the business on a day-to-day basis through the implementation of appropriate processes and procedures.
Person Specification Essential or desirable Qualifications & Knowledge
- ·Professional qualification in project management, such as APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) or another recognised qualification (e.g. Prince2 or PMP)
- ·Knowledge of project management in a portfolio management environment
- ·Knowledge of change management, project management and process improvement methodologies.
- ·Knowledge of and familiarity with Financial Services
Essential Essential Essential Essential Experience * Experienced delivering projects within Financial Services, preferably including mortgage projects Proven experience of successfully delivering projects to time, cost, and quality. * Successful experience of translating analysis into practical implementation * Facilitation and workshop experience
- ·Experience of delivering complex projects including technical deliveries
- · Experience of managing test cycles
- · Experience of different project management approaches e.g. agile and waterfall
- ·Experience of mentoring and supporting less experienced colleagues
Desirable Skills Well-developed planning and organisational skills including scope and schedule management * Risk and Issue Management experience * Finance and cost control management experience * Resource and people management experience * Benefits Management experience - including producing business cases with measurable benefits * Outstanding communication and inter-personal skills * Effective negotiation skills * MS Project experience
- · Structured methodical approach.
Other Requirements This role is primarily office based, however occasional travel may be required for the purpose of initial induction, meetings with branches, external suppliers, or conferences. Home working is in place as necessary due to Covid 19.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'