Project Manager For Growing Manufacturing Business in Downham Market Paying 35-40K
Your new company
Hays are excited to be working with an expanding manufacturing business in Downham Market who due to an increase in their turnover and product requirements are seeking a Project Manager to join their thriving business.
Overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of projects within a fast-paced manufacturing business. As the project manager you must have a combination of skills including an ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve challenges, as well as more general management skills. You will be responsible for making crucial decisions, both large and small and control risk to minimise uncertainty resulting in business success and continued growth.
* Lead planning and/or implementation of projects Facilitate the definition of projects, goals, tasks and resource requirements
* Resolve or assist in the resolution of challenges within and between projects or functional areas; develop methods to monitor projects; and provide corrective supervision if necessary
* Facilitate the definition of service levels and customer requirements
* Interact regularly with existing clients to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery
* Advocate on behalf of clients and represent clients' needs as appropriate to senior management
* Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes
* Follow a defined, agreed upon project management methodology
* Lead the development and implementation of a broad, coordinated set of plans and programs to meet the goals and priorities of the department
* Attend site meetings where necessary to support design development, technical support or product supplied queries to assist clients throughout projects
* Continuously improve project management methodologies
* Provide support to other project managers in the process of project management and in the softer skills of team dynamics, team building and group motivation
* Prioritise work as required
* Anticipate consequences of actions, potential problems, or opportunities for change
* Set and meet realistic deadlines
* Forecast changes and communicate current and projected issues
* Ensure a high level of financial control and accountability for project budget
* Create within the team a shared focus on the importance of achieving results
* Create work standards for projects; establish and define roles and responsibilities, specific outcomes, and clear measures for quality and the success of the team
* Be aware of and follows all H&S procedures at all times and raise non conformities
* A flexible approach to working hours to suit the needs of the business
* Identify areas of weakness and make recommendations for improvements to training, performance, KPI (Key Performance Indicator) improvements, reduction in costs and other efficiencies
* Always follow the reporting structure
* Carry out all reasonable instructions as directed by your line manager
Person Specification - Essential
* Good communication skills
* PC literate, with excellent Microsoft Office experience
* Ability to cope at times of extreme pressure
* Open to change and new opportunities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'