Reach Resourcing have got an excellent opportunity available for a Project Manager to lead a small team of Engineers, Fabricators and Welders. Our client is one of the leading fabricators in the Hull area who deal with the manufacture and machining of large fabrications.
The client supplies fabrications to a range of sectors such as Nuclear, Structural Steel, Defence, Offshore, Sub-sea, Civil Marine and Materials Handling.
- Due to continued success, we have an opportunity for a Project Engineer to provide an effective engineering service for various mechanical building service projects both for internal projects and external major clients.
- Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that a variety of bespoke projects are engineered to client specifications, in budget, on programme, following company processes and to the highest quality.
- The Project Engineer will positively contribute where required in pre-commencement/bids for specific projects and continue through to execution and completion ensuring design for manufacture is implement and delivered and the installation meets internal and external client specifications and requirements
- Responsible for reviewing the project works required in the specification and drawings, and re-engineering the installations and systems to ensure the precise provision of the customer’s requirements, and enhanced profitability for the company.
- Maintain excellent relationships with clients through efficient delivery of projects with a view to optimising future opportunities and profitability.
- Monitoring costs on the project to ensure budgets are achieved.
- Monitor the work of specialist sub-contractors ensuring work is being carried out to specification and programme.
- Leading a small team on the project, motivating them to achieve their full potential and ensuring team objectives are met.
- You can look forward to being involved in developing solutions for a variety of truly bespoke projects and products.
- You will join a strong, ambitious and determined team based in excellent surroundings and will benefit from a competitive salary and a range of flexible benefits including generous holiday entitlement and company pension scheme.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have previous experience of working as a project engineer in fabrication and heavy industry and will have excellent mechanical engineering knowledge.
The ideal candidate:
- Must have previous experience as a Project Manager
- Must have fabrication/welding experience
- Must have experience quoting and managing in build projects
- Have knowledge of 2D & 3D Draft Work
- Must be mechanically minded
- Estimating experience is also important to this role
The position is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking for a new challenge or to take their career to the next level.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Steel Structures