To manage and coordinate projects as assigned ensuring all aspects of HSQE, Programme, Budget and customer relationships are delivered and meet the contracted requirements and scope.
* Develop project delivery and reporting processes to ensure delivery of assigned projects in accordance with telent, client QSE and contractual processes, including regular review and checks.
* Act as the customer interface for telent for the allocated project
* Day to day coordination of the Project and Project team members, ensuring regular and effective communication
* Provide leadership and direction to project core team
* Ensure that monthly reports to the customer are accurate and timely
* Maintain and regularly review project risks and ensure implementation of mitigation or control measures.
* Ensure suitable governance is in place to keep the project progress issues and risks are monitored
* Be responsible for the production/review/approval of the required project documentation deliverables.
* Be responsible for ensuring updates to the project programme reflect actual progress.
* Present the monthly contract review paperwork and updated to senior management on allocated projects
* Plan and ensure the correct resource is booked and available to deliver the project (internal and external).
* Ensure that the project is delivered to the agreed budget and margin, maximising profitability where possible
* Ensure material orders are placed on time and within the agreed budget
* Selection/management of key subcontractors on allocated projects
* Ensure change events are recorded and submitted to the customer along with change requests and variation orders as required
* Ensure regular and effective communication to client and telent management for all aspects of the projects
* Provide detailed and regular project reviews, reports and KPIs for both telent and client review
* Identify and escalate critical issues as required
* Promote a positive Health and Safety culture, including undertaking regular Site Safety Inspections on allocation project(s)
* Support to the engineering management process and accurate delivery of engineering deliverables in line with contractual requirements
* Support bid team for responding to ITT's as required.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
* Previous experience of project management within the rail industry
* Understanding of London Underground, Mainline Rail and TFL standards
* Working knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
* Knowledge of P & L accounts
* Prince 2 Practitioner
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages
* Strong people management and leadership skills
* Strong presentation skills
* Excellent time management
* Problem solving
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.