We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to work as a member of the Projects team managing and administering an array of technical solutions projects and consulting projects. These projects may encompass a number of technologies including data networking, telecommunications, desktop, cabling infrastructure, collaboration, application, data centre, physical access control and physical digital surveillance.
There will be a focus on managing the delivery of the above technologies within a common environment i.e. a smart building or Landlords network environment utilising Redstone’s project management processes and commercial controls.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Successfully manage multiple projects of varying complexities and size from Initiation to Closure, ensuring that each project is delivered on time, within budget and to the customers’ satisfaction in accordance with Redstone’s PRINCE2-based project management process.
- Assume overall responsibility for each project’s delivery through the formation and leading of an operational project team. This will extend to liaison with each relevant internal function (Sales, Pre-sales, Finance and Service Delivery) and (if relevant) other divisions, sub-contractors and partners.
- Throughout each project’s life, proficiently document the project through the use of salient tools (the published documentation process) and monitor and report on project progress against the agreed plan with all relevant parties.
- Effectively control of project costs, delivery schedules and implementation quality. This is from hand over from sales/pre-sales to project completion and sign off.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with clients and staff in all functions across the Redstone Group.
- Record and transfer Lessons Learned from projects back to the business through the appropriate means.
- Competently inform management and colleagues of progress on projects through WIP Meetings and Team Meetings, escalating issues as appropriate in a timely fashion to the Operations Manager.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness by controlling (maintaining or exceeding initial margins) selling additional services and / or equipment to customers through project variations when appropriate, inclusive of maintenance and support uplifts.
- Demonstrate technical solutions awareness by ensuring cross technology reviews are undertaken to ensure inter-dependencies are established and factored into the delivery process thus ensuring true integration.
- Success Measurements (take each key responsibility area and list results which will demonstrate successful performance in the role)
- Projects are successfully managed, delivered on time, within budget and to the customers’ satisfaction in accordance with Redstone’s project management process. Repeat business and customer recommendations to other customers.
- Responsibility for each project is demonstrated through effective leadership techniques and an informed project team.
- Each project is capably documented through the use of salient tools (detailed and accurate agreement between Redstone and the customer for each project scope is recorded), monitored and reported on against the agreed project plan with all relevant parties. Ability to use software tools to manage tasks, dependencies and completion.
- Project costs are effectively controlled, project plans are scoped and agreed in accordance with customer requirements, project risks and issues are identified, analysed, monitored, mitigated and escalated in a timely and efficient fashion. All of these
- Project files and folders are kept up-to-date in line with Redstone’s project management process and Redstone’s ISO requirements.
- Effective working relationships with clients and staff are built and maintained.
- Lessons Learned from projects are recorded and transferred to the business through the appropriate methods. Improvements in processes and methodology are suggested/communicated
- Project progress is reported on through WIP Meetings, Team Meetings and Highlight reporting.
Relevant Experience, Knowledge & Training Required to Perform the Role
- Thorough and demonstratable experience in leading and delivering external technical projects to clients ensuring profitability and customer satisfaction.
- An understanding of IP networks and Infrastructure projects
- Good knowledge and use of MS Office tools (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) and MS Project.
- Experienced and confident in delivering customer presentations to all levels
- Good commercial understanding of budgetary control and payment cycle
- Full UK driving licence (with the ability to travel to Redstone offices and client sites across the UK and Ireland)
- New document authoring skills
- Ability to lead by example
Desirable (but not essential)
- Ability to manage low level design approvals process and benefits realisation
- ITIL Foundation (minimum) qualified
- Prince2 Practitioner qualified
- Evidence of higher education training
- Project Management
- Data Network
- Infrastructure Solutions
- IP Solutions
- Smart Working
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'