Who are we?
Our client is one of the world's leading suppliers of sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions. We design and manufacture devices that help satisfy the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment in global automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air-conditioning and ventilation, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine markets.
What are we doing?
Our client is developing and producing a broad portfolio of sensors for automotive applications. Car manufacturers today are faced with increasing challenges. Technological requirements are continuously stepped up, because of the demand for performance, safety, efficiency and clean emissions. With their innovative products’ they strive to contribute to an environmentally friendly industry. We are looking for a new colleague for the position of:
New Product Introduction (NPI) Project Manager in Antrim
What are you going to do?
You will be managing new product development and change management projects for our automotive customers (OEM’s). You will be responsible for the planning, organization and flawless execution of products from concept to high volume manufacture, ensuring product readiness at launch. You will lead cross functional, product development teams to ensure on time delivery of project milestones, whilst meeting internal and external customer requirements. You should have a real appetite for a challenge and have a can do automotive mindset. Assertiveness whilst being flexible, along with excellent communication skills is critical. Your ability to prioritise, make decisions and have a team approach to problem solving, are also vital in this role.
What are your tasks and responsibilities?
• New product development
• Change management
• Organization, planning and leading international cross-functional project teams consisting of Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing and Customer PM
• Managing the execution of projects on time, on cost, on quality
• Propose additional actions to departmental management to prevent potential delay in the execution of plans
• Understand customer requirements and expectations, and develop/drive actions and schedules needed to support them
• Achieve results in support of business goals in a matrixed, team oriented, global environment
What is your background?
• Engineering or Science Bachelor’s Degree, plus 4 years technical or commercial experience in an Automotive (preferable) or a high-tech development organization with high volume manufacturing
• Significant experience as a Project Manager
• APQP automotive experience
• Leadership qualities and experience with managing professionals, result-oriented with excellent planning and organizing skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are a must
What do we Offer?
We offer you a competitive compensation package and career in an international environment wi