Project Accountant; 8 months; £27.00 LTD; Blackburn
We are looking to recruit a Project Accountant to work for a large aerospace company based near Blackburn. The role will involve working in the Air Sector within a Support and Training Team. Working as part of a Project Team to report, monitor & manage the project accounts of the Training business area against the budget & latest forecast including a variety of accounting/analysis activities.
Duties will involve;
- Prepare standard regular and ad-hoc financial reports (e.g. SSR's / CSRs) for management information and reviews, and provide interpretation as necessary, and in line with the month end timetable.
- Produce accounting/financial forecasts, and analyses in support of the Training monthly Outlook process, including Opportunities & Vulnerabilities, which are fully owned by the Project Manager.
- Lead the inter-company invoicing process for the Training business and support Project Management in collection of Debt.
- Support to production of accounts / financial reports for SPV and provision of support re accounting / tax issues - liaising with Overseas Accounting Team / Group Tax.
- Carry out regular and ad-hoc financial analyses to meet management needs, including investigating variances and assisting in establishing plans to meet budget.
- Contribute as required to the transition from SAP to LN providing support to associated activities e.g. data cleanse / contract mapping.
- Contribute to developing new procedures and working methods to improve effectiveness.
- Plan, control and deliver assigned projects, and contribute financial support to cross-functional projects / investigations ensuring requirements are delivered to plan.
The successful candidate will have good IT and spreadsheet skills along with good working knowledge of all relevant software financial packages. You will be able to communicate financial information legibly and succinctly to individuals and groups outside the function. As a Project Accountant you will be able to identify, in standard areas, problems and trends which are likely to cause future problems/issues. You woll have a broad knowledge of corporate issues and developments, and business terminology, procedures and reporting requirements. Knowledge of other functions, particularly Commercial & Project Management is required. Strong analytical skills and knowledge of relevant analytical techniques e.g. Variance Analysis, NPV is also required.
Please note the pay rate advertised is a LTD pay rate.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"