Project Accountant; 6 month contract; based in Filton
We are looking to recruit a Project Accountant to work for a large aerospace/manufacturing company based in Filton. This is an excellent opportunity to join the exciting and rapidly expanding part of the company.
The purpose of the role is to provide project cost accounting and financial planning reporting on the individual additive programmes within the business and forecasting year end and future year performance. In addition, you will be leading on the day to day running of financial function.
Currently the team size is small and growing. It is expected that the role would be performed on a part-time basis of two days per week, hours to be agreed between the successful candidate and the Project Manager (possibly around school hours)
Key responsibilities are to provide financial planning forecasting and analysis of results for the Bristol business, plus the financial evaluation of business proposals and to provide project accounting i.e. Control and reporting on monthly spending and review of project costing for the UK additive projects.
- Create project accounts in SAP
- Maintain project related records
- Record costs in the project accounts
- Review project invoices
- Review hours, material and overhead spend on projects
- Report on performance and explain variances
- Review revenue accounts and chase unpaid receivables
- Produce monthly management accounts and report on profitability
- Prepare ad hoc reports as required by external bodies
- Support external and internal audit as required
Strategy & Planning:
- Consolidate and analyse key trends within the monthly results & produce a monthly forecast
- Develop financial models for business cases and strategic initiatives working alongside business development colleagues
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required
- Lead the annual budgeting process within the Additive
- Spearhead the annual 10 year financial plan
- Analyse complex financial information and draw meaningful conclusions to support the business decisions
- Present effectively to the local and senior management
- Other tasks as required
Functional Success Profile
The successful candidate will be qualified to ACCA, CIMA or equivalent with relevant project accounting experience.
Experience & Skills:
- Good Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High standard of accuracy and precision; highly organised
- Creative, driven and self-motivated
- Experience of operating in a developing organisation and / or within a manufacturing / engineering environment
- Hands on approach, able to work with people at all levels within the organisation
- Prior experience of project accounting essential
- Usage of the SAP operating system is highly desirable
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.