Job Title: Programme Manager - Health and Social Care
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
This non-profit Technology Organisation represents the companies and technologies that are defining today the world that we will live in tomorrow. Around 850 companies are members of the Organisation. Collectively they employ approximately 700,000 people, about half of all tech sector jobs in the UK. These companies range from leading FTSE 100 companies to new innovative start-ups. The majority of the members are small and medium-sized businesses.
The role will require you to deliver against a range of financial and performance targets (including membership growth and retention) and working with the broader team of talented professionals, providing guidance on public safety matters to the senior management team.
- Support the Head of Programme in delivering the objectives of the new Health and Social Care Council
- Develop and implement a social media editorial calendar to promote the team's events and positions on key policy areas. This includes managing social media
- Raise the profile of the programmes through using effective communications channels such as regular newsletters and ensuring regular content is available on the website
- Successfully lead, manage and deliver the meetings programme
- Manage a number of member accounts to help with retention and ensure members are maximising value from wider membership
- Assist the Head of Programme and membership team in the finding and recruiting of new members through research and articulating, explaining and selling the benefits of membership
- Work with the Head of Programme to implement the programmes stakeholder strategy and ensure the in-house CRM is used effectively
- Produce summaries of key policy documents and support the preparation of public policy submissions to regulatory reviews or government consultations
- Work with relevant teams across the Organisation to ensure they support them in delivering their objectives and seek their input as necessary
- Any other duties as required by the programme
- A positive, can do attitude and approach
- A self-motivated individual who is comfortable leading a project
- A team player who is comfortable and able to work with relevant teams (membership, marketing and business services) across the Organisation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly effective communicator
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with competing demands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to get to grips with complex technical information and to communicate this effectively to a range of audiences (e.g. writing consultation responses, blogs, newsletters, letters and minute taking)
- Is able to articulate, explain and sell the benefits of the Organisation to a range of audiences from government to potential new members
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrates a reasonable understanding of the Health and Social Care IT landscape and the positioning and role of trade bodies
- Demonstrates knowledge of and a proven track record in using media tools (including social media) to influence an organisations point a view
- Strong knowledge of public affairs, ideally able to demonstrate a successful public policy outcome
- Has an awareness of tech companies business models and drivers
- Has a proven track record and experience of managing complex relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Has a proven track record of successfully influencing public policy with a positive outcome
- Has a strong grasp of the workings of Whitehall (public affairs experience preferred)
- Proven experience in public policy
- Comfortable with and has experience of working with CEOs and board level executives
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Interest in technology and public policy
- Strong interest in the UK tech sector and our mission to make the UK good for tech, make tech good for the UK and make tech good for people
- Has a proven track record of managing events (dinners, breakfast briefings, seminars and so on) ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Public Affairs, Policy Manager, Senior Policy Manager, Social Care Policy Adviser, Senior Policy Adviser, Local Council Policy Manager, Healthcare Policy Manager, Justice Policy Manager, Non-Profit Programme Manager, Public Sector Programme Management, ICT Programme Manager, Technology Programme Manager, Technical Programme Manager, Technology Implementation Manager, ICT Business Programme Manager, may also be considered for this role.
- Public Affairs
- Policy Manager
- Senior Policy Adviser
- Healthcare Policy Manager
- Non-Profit Programme Manager
- Senior Policy Manager
- Local Council Policy Manager
- Justice Policy Manager
- Social Care Policy Adviser
- Public Programme Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'