In this fast paced manufacturing environment, your role will involve planning production demands to meet a high standard of quality for customer requirements. Together with ensuring production and distribution of products runs smoothly.
The ideal candidate will have solid production planning experience within a busy manufacturing environment.
- Daily and weekly planning of production for major customer and their bespoke requirements
- Working closely with sales and customer service teams.
- Raising demand for raw materials to suit the plan
- Liaising with all areas within production to ensure materials, labour and resources including maintenance teams are available as and when required.
- Working with all areas of production, ensuring accordance to the product plan
- Troubleshoots problems that occur during production including labour shortage and machine malfunctions and keep all stakeholders aware of any issues
- Working with outsourcers as necessary if demand outstrips capacity
- 3-5 years experience as a Production Planner in a busy manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with key stakeholders to managed planning and production
- An 'Improver' style. How can we improve processes and efficiency?
- Experience putting together project plans
- Work closely with Supply chain & production on interpretation of forecasting data
- Confident in meetings and able to present schedules of work
- Very effective communication skills
- Effective project management skills
- Strategic outlook, yet with a hands-on, down to earth application
- Work to deadlines
- Financial/data literate/analytical skills
- Computer literate - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Planning and manufacturing knowledge
- High level of energy
- Good sense of humour
- Ability to work under pressure
The role is available with an immediate start date. Closing date: Wednesday 21st March
- Production Planning
- Project Management
- Technical Textiles