Horizon Search & Selection Ltd are currently recruiting for a Production Planner to join our client, a successful and well established manufacturing firm near Stanton, a short drive from Bury St Edmunds, Diss and Stowmarket.
Our client have been designing and manufacturing farm machinery for global agricultural markets for over 45 years and have achieved enormous success in their field due to their reputation for quality products, engineering excellence and customer support. They are also a very stable employer, with high retention rates of staff and an excellent working environment, both within the office and out on the shop floor. It is a fantastic opportunity to join them in such an interesting and important new role.
This is a brand new position in the company, brought about to help optimise efficiencies and performance in a busy manufacturing facility. We require a capable individual with experience within medium to heavy process engineering, an analytical nature with relationship building and communication skills. Working closely with Sales, Purchasing and Production, this new role within the company will involve a substantial period of learning the company’s processes and systems, so is certainly a 'developing role’. The initial focus will be to develop a deep understanding of how best to optimise the Production Plan and benefit continuous improvement activities across the company.
The core duties will involve:
- Liaise with Production Control Manager and also Production Team Leaders to maintain schedule status and resolve delivery date queries.
- Monitor backlog issues, work order flow and bottleneck problems, ensuring all relevant colleagues are also aware. Work together to tailor solutions to these issues.
- Working closely with the IT Systems Manager to obtain and subsequently interpret all data relating to production. Using both Epicor and Excel to analyse effectively.
- Attend and eventually chair regular S&OP meetings with heads of department to discuss overall company performance and efficiency and sales forecasting versus production requirements.
- Maintain a time and attendance system for shop floor staff, analysing against departmental production performance to spot any issues.
- Daily usage of an integrated ERP system as well as MRP, inventory management, cycle counting and works order management systems.
- Use socially intelligent and diplomatic communication skills to best manage others expectations, to solve problems and to communicate issues effectively.
- Take it upon yourself to develop a comprehensive understanding of the company’s processes, departments, staff, sub-contractors and customers to benefit you in doing your job in the long-run. Be inquisitive, ask questions and make suggestions!
This role would suit candidates who have a strong understanding of modern manufacturing techniques, with a background in interpreting and utilising statistical data; working with teams to implement improvement suggestions. As this is a new position, our client are wishing to attract a candidate who will appreciate the importance of the 'learning period’ that may come with such a role, and look to apply themselves accordingly. We are open to considering people who feel they fit our important criteria, but may have held different job titles/levels of seniority in the past.
Other required skills, experiences and attributes are as follows:
- Experience in a similar role, backed up with a good standard of education and confidence with industry-standard software/systems.
- High level of IT literacy, particularly with Excel.
- Somebody who is able to see a 'big picture’ and how one decision may have knock on effects, but at the same time also be very analytical and able to see finer details too.
- A skilled communicator and problem solver, a good 'people person’. Able to work from your own initiative, be clear, sometimes assertive and often very diplomatic.
- Able to focus on ever-changing priorities and can juggle many tasks during busy periods.
- A responsible individual with a clear desire to play a key role in a fantastic business and take full ownership of their role over time.
PLEASE NOTE: The closing date for applications isFriday 9th February 2018.
To be considered for this great opportunity, please apply through our website or alternatively via Reed.co.uk
Due to the high volume of CV’s we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!