North Midland Construction Plc (NM Group) operates nationally with 11 regional offices and workshops enabling us to provide a local service to our customers promoting sustainable working relationships. We provide a complete service offering to the construction industry from conception to optimisation, delivering best value and innovation.
Our six operational divisions provide focused services to customers across our five chosen core market sectors of: Construction, Power, Highways, Telecommunications and Water; providing engineering, construction management and frontline delivery services.
We operate within our values of: People, Inspire, Excellence, which remain key to our strategic aims and objectives for growth. We are immensely proud of our family ethos which we are committed to maintaining throughout our business.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Production Manager to work within the Nomenca Off Site Build (OSB) Division based in Warrington. OSB specialises in chemical dosing solutions and bespoke off site build projects.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Lead the manufacturing function within budget and output targets to meet customer requirements and standards
- Full accountability for ensuring safety, customer quality, cost and delivery requirements are met
- Responsible for developing an enthusiastic, motivated and flexible team by building working relationships ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to
- Manage the team on best practice and establish standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading teams
- Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation
- Effectively and efficiently manage the production of the required daily/weekly/monthly targets in line with customer specifications, meeting quality and delivery expectations, minimising costs where possible and ensure the required best working practices are maintained at all times
- Responsible for production, financial performance, meeting customer requirements and maintain an orderly and productive operation of planned activities
- Ensure the target productivity level is achieved on a daily basis
- Update the production plan on a daily basis
- Communicate and liaise with other departmental managers regarding throughput of stock to ensure production targets are met
- Drive process improvements by appropriate data analysis
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department
Skills and Experience
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, or HND, BTec Professional Award or equivalent NVQ qualifications.
- Extensive production level experience with significant proven supervisory experience
- Technical understanding
- Understanding of collaborative planning, Kaizen, lean manufacturing
- Experience of managing Profit & Loss responsibilities for manufacturing
- Understanding of manufacturing and procurement/supply chain
- Understanding of IOSH/NEBOSH, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems experience
- Membership of an appropriate industry related professional body would be advantageous
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be able to work in a strong team environment
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'