Production Manager Required. My client is a leading manufacturer of cardboard and paper solutions based in the West Bromwich area. Due to the on-going success and growth of the company they are seeking a hands on production manager to join the team. It is envisaged that the production manager will have a proven experience in a production management role.
Reporting to the managing director you will organise and co-ordinate the activities of a team packers and operatives whilst reaching agreed quality and output targets in accordance with BRC Standards.
You will demonstrate excellent organisational and people management skills drive and determination to keep the production lines running, to problem solve and operate monitor and control machinery to optimise efficiency, product quality and safety.
The applicant must have industry experience within a packaging, paper or cardboard.
Production Manager - Night Shifts - Paper / Cardboard - Position Overview
- Managing, motivating and leading a Team of Packers and operatives, identifying any training required, recruitment, holidays cover, etc. Ensuring people are utilised during production and periods of down time.
- Learning and grasping the running of machinery.
- Set and achieve targets and efficiencies in line with the production plan. Understanding and promoting urgency. Communicate effectively with the Production Planner.
- Strong problem solving skills in order to fault find production related issues and machine breakdowns to minimise down time.
- Oversee regular quality checks to ensure the product is produced and packed in line with specification and quality standards and working closely with our technical team. Recording quality and product information ensuring BRC standards are met.
- Identify and propose ideas and solutions that will increase efficiency in production, cost, or time.
- Ownership of your own safety and promote safe working practices across the team and all areas.
- Oversee the maintenance and cleanliness of machinery and the working environment.
- Carry out production line change overs, ensuring that the production line is set up ready to meet production plan, and run at maximum efficiency.
- Coordinate any goods in and goods out movements.
Production Manager - Night Shifts - Paper / Cardboard Position Requirements
- Strong communication, organisational and people management skills
- Previous Food Manufacturing experience essential
- Practical knowledge of production equipment
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Hands on approach
Production Manager - Night Shifts - Paper / Cardboard - Position Remuneration
- Salary £30,000 - £35,000 DOE
- Monday - Friday 40hrs per week - flexibility with working hours
- 20 days' holiday + Bank
- Workplace pension
- Excellent opportunity to contribute and grow with the company
- Start ASAP
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job