Talentedge are actively recruiting for a Production Accountant paying £45k pro for a leading media agency in Central London
- Manage a slate of allocated productions
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with Production Execs and Production Managers. Meet with new production teams and ensure they are fully aware of company financial procedures and adhere to them throughout the production period.
- Help production teams with the setup and operation of their production
- Compile and update all production finance information (e.g. production budget, cost reports, cash-flows, edit schedules) through appropriate shared files with full access for the relevant PFMs to review at any point
- Work with production managers to ensure accurate financial control of all production costs
- Be the initial point of contact for all financial matters for your allocated productions, liaising with both the purchase ledger department and management accountants where required
- Monitor all spend on your allocated productions, including supplier invoice submission, petty cash spend, expense claims (ensuring correct invoicing and paperwork are submitted at all times)
- Post internal recharges and levies/deductions against your productions
- Review cost reports on a regular basis, including current spend and projected costs and meet at regular intervals with production managers to correctly reflect current position.
- Compile and agree (with Production Managers and Production Executives) monthly figures for submission to relevant PFMs highlighting any significant changes from the previous month’s submissions. Apply correct accounting recognition policy for productions each month - updating PFMs when and where schedule changes occur.
- Alert PFMs of any potential risks or concerns on allocated productions
- Prepare weekly cash flow for relevant productions with accurate outflow and realistic inflow projections based on regular dialogue with the legal department. Invoice broadcasters and monitor outstanding debts for allocated productions adjusting cash flow projections accordingly.
- Take responsibility for final reports & paperwork once production is complete
- Periodic full financial closure of completed allocated productions
- Preparation of required production information and reports for yearly (and mid-year) audit(s)
- Carry out ad hoc projects when required (e.g. budget checks for production executives, production spend analysis, series comparisons)
- Demonstrate a financial awareness and understanding of basic accounting principles
- Manage a number of projects simultaneously (with fast changing demands) and prioritise tasks accordingly.
- Planning ahead for each production where potential problems have been identified, financial period closes may impact on the production or cover for leave is needed.
This role will remain remote for the next couple of months then gradually return to the office on a part time basis.
- Previou/recent experience of working as a Production Accountant or significant experience as a Production Accountant for a minimum of 1 year
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoys working as part of a team
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'