The Product Manager is required to investigate, understand and be able to exploit the marketing space including market segmentation and analysis, customer insight, requirements gathering and the development of marketing materials. Provide market intelligence, business cases and Voice of Customer requirements for new product development or new market program development within the own area of responsibility.
- Build knowledge and expertise on the products and be the subject matter expert for your portfolio as you are a key point of contact for internal and external customers.
- Interface to the business unit to capture all market requirements, and be responsible for translating these market requirements into product and service requirements.
- Define, develop, document and manage products and services requirements both in a leading and a supporting role in order to ensure that all technical, commercial and operational activities and preparations are completed to support successful commercial launches of new
Essential Knowledge and Skills
Minimum 5 years' experience in product management.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in maritime communications products and/or services
- HNC/HND or Degree in a field related to wireless communications or equivalent
- Experience in the Terrestrial and Satellite communications products and services
- Experience of Maritime Navigational Communications.
- Proven experience and record of delivering targets within a product management role/
- A passion and motivation to continuously improve the product, processes, systems and work practices
- Ability to work independently and flexibly, organising and leading the execution of project tasks across multiple internal and partner teams;
- Excellent spoken and written communication in the English language, as well as the ability to raise action points with clarity and confidence in the presence of senior management.
- A track record of working with distributed teams and meeting established deadlines for program milestones are essential.
- High proficiency in MS Office plus ability to drive new systems from improved working practices