Salary: Circa £30,000
Skills: Product development,supply chain management, strong negotiator, branding, FMCG experience, ability to travel worldwide, SAP stock levels, sourcing, MS Office
Benefits: On-site parking, 22 days holiday, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a highly successful and established business who have been growing dramatically since 1937. If you have a passion for sport and a background in Product Management, then this could be your ideal role!
What will your working week be like?
The role will be an extremely busy one, reporting to the Product Director - with responsibilities that include:
- Own the brand with responsibility for the entire product lifecycle of existing and new product for the entire range.
- Source new products, negotiate costs, recommend pricing and bring to market innovative items by utilising and expanding the current supply chain.
- Effective day to day management of our existing supply chain ensuring the right products are in the right place at the right time
- Ensure stock levels meet customer OTDIF, avoiding over stocked lines and create clear channels to flush obsolete stock.
- Monitor, manage and maintain agreed category profitability on the existing product range and produce an annual divisional budget in advance for approval.
- Maintain product master data within SAP and all content and pricing on PWTB transactional website
- Support the Sales team by accompanying onsite visits to retail/distribution partners and prospective sale opportunities.
- Regularly visit tournaments to develop relationships within the sporting infrastructure and identify the market needs.
- Market research encompassing consumer feedback, retail opportunities and competitor activity.
- Promote the brand through social media, printed, electronic and other material as appropriate in conjunction with the in house/external design team.
- Recommending future promotional opportunities and monitoring the effectiveness of active promotions.
- Create presentation material with in house/external design teams in support of potential sales or marketing opportunities.
- Champion POS merchandising throughout the group in collaboration with all brand Product Managers and Sales team.
- Support the Production team with a cross function approach to product innovation
Who will this role suit?
- Previous experience of product development with a FMCG environment.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and respond in a timely manner.
- Presentable and confident in front of both customer and suppliers.
- Ability to promote confidence with our existing supply chain, salesforce and customer base.
- Team player with the ability to integrate with multiple functions associated within the group
- Mobility to travel to Far East suppliers and source new suppliers globally.
The successful applicant must be a driver due to the location of the office.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
- Product development
- FMCG experience
- strong negotiator
- supply chain management