Product Developer (Electronics/ Mechanical engineering ) c£32-40k Strong Bonus + Benefits
South East Ref: ABJ3445
As Product Developer with an electronics / mechanical engineering background you will support and the successful development and delivery of consumer relevant products within the NPD function of a global organisation. As an experienced product developer you will lead the development and delivery of compliant products in full alignment to NPD strategy.
Key to this role is any experience in the design, development and manufacturing processes of plastic and metal parts
- Support the development activities for the assigned responsibilities within the team
- Support the Product Development Manager, where required
- Review third party design, development, quality/compliance and manufacturing documentation
- Support solid Intellectual Property (IP) to best protect the product development.
- Support the development and implementation of third party manufacturer scale up plans
- Develop devices based on a clear scientific understanding of the base technology which are ultimately scalable and address commercial requirements.
- Support analytical testing to ensure product performance meets product requirements. Analyse data and distil down and present to management team concepts, root causes, solutions, matrices and planning
- Ensure tracking of development activities within the assigned responsibilities/projects in the team
- Ensure on time and in full delivery of device specifications for new products
- Escalate risks and issues in a timely and appropriate manner
- Technical understanding and solution implementation to ensure quality, cost and on time delivery
- Support 3rd Party suppliers of device design, materials and services
- Support Consumer Product Managers
- Degree or equivalent in a science, engineering or related subject. Preferable in Electronics or Mechanical engineering.
- Knowledge of mechanical / electronic device design and evaluation of device hardware to meet consumer and commercial needs within legislative and operational constraints.
- Experience of working with suppliers to deliver new products from concept to production ideally in consumer electronics or wireless devices.
- Experience in prototyping of proof of concepts/minimal viable product in PCB’s, mechanical and electro mechanical parts and sub-assemblies.
- Injection moulding
- Ability to manage a portfolio of projects.
- Knowledge in CAD an advantage (Solidworks, ProE, Autodesk)
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills; ability to influence key stakeholders up to senior level.
Full Time. Permanent (35hr week) Benefits Package Includes Pension, Strong Bonus, 5 weeks holiday, Share save and share reward schemes.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment on
- Mechanical Engineering
- Product Design
- Introducing New Products
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job