In this role, the successful candidate will be joining a multi-disciplinary team developing new products based on their proprietary lab-on-a-chip platform. They are seeking an experienced Process Engineer to join their team and help develop the next generation of lab-on-a-chip devices. This role will involve developing new thin-film process technologies and techniques to improve the performance and functionality of the devices.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
• Communicating with internal and external stakeholders to identify and define process and manufacturing related needs
• Proposing new process technologies and techniques to address identified needs
• Conducting proof-of-concept experiments and fabricating prototype lab-on-a-chip devices in the company's cleanroom facilities.
• Supporting the validation of sample and production level lab-on-a-chip devices through experimental design and analysis
• Drafting and validating Standard Operating Procedures for new manufacturing processes
• Supporting the transfer of new processes to the company's pilot line facility for sample production
• Liaising with suppliers to transfer new processes to mass production
• Identifying new equipment and facilities necessary to support process development activities
• Supporting commissioning and troubleshooting of processing equipment and facilities
• Drafting patents and analysing competitor patents
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• A degree in chemistry, physics, materials science or a relevant engineering discipline (or equivalent)
• A Master's, PhD or equivalent
• In depth knowledge of processing technologies and techniques for thin-film materials
• Experience in the development of new thin-film process technologies and techniques
• Experience in the transfer of new processes from R&D to production, ideally for semiconductor, display or other electronic products
• A demonstrable history of proposing and implementing novel solutions to challenging technical problems.
• Familiarity with formal project management frameworks (e.g. PRINCE2) and Quality Management Systems (preferably ISO13485)
The successful candidate will be adaptable and resourceful and have outstanding organisational skills and attention to detail. You will also be able to deliver to deadlines in a fast paced environment and will have experience of interacting at different levels in an organisation and across different disciplines. Candidates who have significant practical experience of microfluidic devices or in the development of hydrophobic coatings, high quality insulator layers or thin-film electronics on glass will be at an advantage.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference TC41019 in all correspondence.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job